EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Well DTC is totally wrong. As I've said before, I'll take a nice, comfy P&G-esqe Christmas episode over everything. I don't need doom and gloom for a X-Mas episode. It's getting to the point on UK soaps where it is predictable that a stunt will occur on all four soaps during the Christmas specials. It takes away from the shows. TV (as a entire medium) has become too reliant on stunts. 

I'd so settle for seeing Ian and Kathy having a nice, pleasant reunion at the table over a car flipping in Square, a murder, a fire, a tram accident, a bus accident, a siege, etc. Same with the other soaps too. Just over the plot-driven Christmases. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm not sure she acts much now. She had a bad drinking problem and a year or two ago she was papped boozing again. She also had a bad feud with Jessie Wallace.

The main problem is the show doesn't understand anything about why the Slaters worked, because the show hasn't been able to write good material for the Slaters since 2002. Even Stacey's best material was on her own, not with her family - she and Sean stopped having real interaction once DTC/Santer came in, and she was never all that interesting with Charlie or Mo. 

I think Kat could work if they ditched Alfie and had her in a brand new direction, but they aren't willing to do that. 

I also think Stacey really has to go. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Oh wow. I didn't know that there was bad blood between Jessie and Elaine. Jessie must've been a hot mess her first run on EE b/c she stayed clashing with her costars. 

I also agree that Stacey needs to go. I feel like her material this run is the same material she had the last few years before she left. 

• Members

Everything about Stacey's current role on the show feels very unearned. I'm supposed to be enthralled in mental illness story #4934 and her being so unpleasant all the time, and I'm just not. I don't care about her mental illness, or her pregnancy, or her relationships that have whopping anti-chemistry all around. At least with Kat I do care, but the stories still suck. That the best they can come up with for Kat is a long-lost son makes me sad. I would have much rather seen new friendships, a new job, etc. but I guess that isn't "shocking" enough. And we get more misery...not that we ever see it in proper focus, as, from what I remember, the episodes after she tried to kill herself were hijacked by those [!@#$%^&*] Carters or [!@#$%^&*] Mitchells.

Edited by DRW50