EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

@Ben, I've already speculated that Jay's story will probably be a love story with him and the soon returning Louise. DTC and his writing staff are so predictable that I can see it a mile away. If what I am speculating is true, it'll give Phil the chance to be a brute/helicopter parent once again while washing away his sins of these past few weeks. Other than that, I don't see what else they'd do with Jay b/c they would've done it by now. 

@Dion, I hope that they don't make Jordan a nutter too. The Square already has too many of them running amok. I'd actually like a character on the show that isn't psycho or dodgy. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was tedious for me to even get through this episode. About five minutes in, I wanted to turn it off and move on. EE has seriously become a vortex of suck. 

The weathered faced twins, Shirley and Buster, annoy me to no end. Why is Dean even entertaining them? Especially, when neither of them played a pivotal role in raising him. I wanted Dean to reach across the table and strangle Buster's funky, old ass when he tried to threaten him. Just a week ago, they were his biggest cheerleaders, knowing what he was capable of, but now they wanna punish him? Whatever. 

Stacey wh*ring around again is so tired and old, and for Kat to tell her come clean only makes it worse. Much like the Carters, I am over the Slater/Moon clan. I don't know what writer thought it was sensible to pen the same story Stacey had her last run. It's dumb. They only thing I find remotely good about Stacey as of late is this half brother, Kyle. He actually seems like he has potential. 

I don't mind the actor that portrays Martin and I don't think he's bad. I think it is material that is given to him. Much like all the characters on the canvas, he only gives one mood--angry/dissatisfied. Poor Martin needs a vibrant woman that isn't a constant screwup and mental case like Stacey and a nag like Sonia. I'd prefer they'd bring back Chelsea for him. I think they'd be a hot pairing. 

Why is Tamwar trying to get Nancy to convert? Are they even engaged? If not, Tamwar trying to pressure Nancy into converting is stupid. I just find the whole story stupid b/c I know tons of people that practice Islam and don't demand their spouses to convert. I feel like this story is something of the past. 

Vincent/Claudette v. The Mitchells is stupid. Doesn't this story mess up the show's canon as Eric and Den never knew each other? This story is reminding of me Guiding Light's Maryanne Caruthers story when they rewrote Josh, Alan, Buzz, and Ross' history for some stupid story. Or even before with Annabelle's backstory with her dad, Bill Bauer, HB Lewis, and Henry Chamberlain. Do people no longer use logic when they write? Are they that desperate to ensure their characters become part of the fabric of the show that they have to undo the canon of the show to do so? Ugh.

Alfie and Ian.... I just FF'd through their scenes. I couldn't bear to watch these two together about to jump headfirst into another scheme/lie. 

Carmel was the highlight of the night for me. She is one of the very few characters that lights up the screen and brings light to the show. Thank God for her. 

• Members

Ben Hardy left on his own accord. He's about to be in one of the biggest movies of the Summer--X:Men Apocalypse. 

Hetti was fired and it was done for shock value. Killing off Lucy has been the start of the downfall of this show. IMO, they killed off the wrong twin. Lucy had so much story potential left. Peter did too but Lucy was more valuable than him. 

• Members

Sian Blake, who appeared on the show 20 years ago as Frankie Pierre, disappeared several weeks ago with her sons.  Apparently she also had some type of MND. Her boyfriend vanished a few days later after reporting her missing. The cops today found 3 bodies at her house. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35235288

Whatever is going on, it's just awful. 

When I first started watching EE, Frankie was a heavy presence. She was a bit of a stirrer and a neurotic bitch at a time when the show had few. She had an affair with Alan (Carol's husband) and also had a fling with Simon Raymond's boyfriend Tony. She was very memorable - had a strong presence. 

• Members

EastEnders 5th January 2016 by onneega

OK. Someone is seriously sniffing around the US soaps and starting to copy tired storylines they'd tell. Kat having twins and one being given away is so Vicky/Marley on AW. Kat's mom giving away her child didn't even make any sense when the nun tried explaining it. It makes no logical sense to keep Zoe but give Luke away because he was a boy. Either keep both or give both away. Or at least give one child to another family member. This story is not going to endear me to Kat. It's gonna make me wish they'd write her off as this is all they have to offer the character. 

On top of that, it does not help that in the same family, Stacey is learning she has a long lost brother via her dad. Straight overkill. Too much peril for one family. I would've preferred we explored Sharon's background with her brothers instead. Stacey didn't need another retcon to her backstory or another sibling. Her running around looking like an escapee from the nuthouse does not help either. The Slaters can officially join the Beales in the ruined family club thanks to DTC. 

• Members

I am over Stacey and her hysterics. Shoot a tranquilizer dart in her ass and move on. It's tiresome. 

Shabnam and Kush are the only saving graces in this affair/paternity secret. I hate how DTC has made Shabnam unable to have kids, but her reaction afterwards was well acted and crushing. You did really feel for her. 

I am glad that Kat's story got fleshed out more b/c it was clunky as hell the other day with the explanation of the other child being given up; however, I can do w/o Mo after this story. I never cared for her before but now that she's played a part in this, they can write this character off for good once Kat is reunited with her son. I thought the ending with Charlie folding over in pain was cheesy as hell but w/e. I've never cared for Charlie either but the sooner he's gone, the better. 

• Members

I heard some fans say the scenes were so rushed and flat, and the episode should have been shot at night. What do you think?

I don't think DTC likes Kat at all. When she tried to kill herself last year he barely showed her or the aftermath.

• Members

It was rushed and I don't think that the setting would've changed anything. It was still rushed. 

I don't think he likes many of the characters on the canvas. If it ain't Ronnie, Phil, and the Carters, he doesn't care for them. Everyone else has been demolished under his reign, doing things they'd never do under a sane EP. 

• Members

It's not nice to say but Jessie's plastic surgery has truly hampered most of her dramatic ability - her expressions and vitality. She literally looks like a cat now.

Why is everyone still treating Bobby like he's a normal child? And when did idiot Martin see Ian juggling veg on the stall? "A young Ian." That makes no sense for Martin to say. 

Why is a child who is not even 10 years old working in a pub? Is that supposed to be adorable? 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I thought the same thing too. We've only seen that child working in the pub since her arrival. Do they have child labor laws in the UK? I would imagine they would. It needs to be brought up. 

I thought Martin/Kathy's scene was stupid. Nothing about Bobby is similar to Ian and Pete. Neither of them were homicidal maniacs. I think that this was DTC's (and his writing staff) attempt to try and get the audience to accept and forget about what Bobby has done. I didn't do sh-t for me. I still want the evil little turd GONE. I only wish he'd take Jane and now Ian with him.

I said it in an earlier post but I am growing to like Martin. I don't think it's James Bye anymore. It's the writing. Martin needs a spicy girl, hot girl to take him out his shell. He's been wasted on the dowdy Sonia and nutty Stacey. They need to bring on someone like Chelsea for him. With Lucas coming back into the fold somewhat, now is the time to bring her back. 

Jessie's face was looking rough but she still did OK in my book. It would've been OK if she could've moved her face but w/e.