EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought the same thing too when Sharon started with her speech. I just rolled my eyes and realized how stupid and repetitive this is. It's like a vortex that never ends. Sharon taking off her rings and encouraging Kathy to go after Phil made me laugh because the second Kathy's dumb ass does go after Phil, Sharon will want him back. Like I said before, it's the same song and dance with this show and I am growing tired. 

I don't mind Kush as he's a stark contrast from all the other hardened brutes on this show, but I agree that he is a self-righteous, sniveling twat. I wish they'd write Zainab's daughter as Zainab's daughter! She should've been shrill and socking Kush repetitively before leaving in a blaze of glory. To see her succumb to him made me gag. Like Sharon, this will be a first of many antics of his she will probably excuse. 

And Jane ... that b-tch ... I've never wanted a character to be killed off more than I do her. I don't give a damn how good or valuable Laurie Brett is, Jane needs to die. Since that trash has returned her toxic, dullard a** to the Square, she's brought nothing but misery. Watching her quiver over whether Sharon might still tell made me wanna scream. Then for her to further suggest that Sharon return to Phil after Denny gets better.... <_<

I don't see how DTC finds any of the content on this show compelling or its characters. There are only a small handful left on the canvas that I actually care for and the rest can take a flying leap. It's that bad. 

I miss Zainab. She needs to come back NOW! Masood needs her. The kids need her. Denise sure as hell needs Zainab nipping at her heels....

• Members

To be honest with you I've never thought Laurie Brett was all that brilliant, and she has been mediocre to poor this past year.

Zainab was also pushed around by men under the surface. Shabs reminds me a lot of her. It's just at least I felt like Mas, pig that he could be, loved her. I don't see that with Kush at all. He's just needy as hell.

• Members

I hate that they have Ben posing as straight. With all the mouth and grief Ben gives Phil, he should just accept his sexuality. One of the many absurd stories on EE.

True but in the end, Zainab did find her spunk once she realized she and Masood wouldn't work. I wish Shabnam would do the same w/o having to leave the Square. 

• Members

Peggy Mitchell news:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a780178/its-the-end-of-an-era-barbara-windsor-to-leave-eastenders-after-peggy-mitchells-heartbreaking-cancer-news/

Let the doom and gloom commence.... 

Phil is dying. Peggy is now dying. Fatboy & Charlie have died. Denny is laid up in the hospital. Talk about f-cking depressing. I guess DTC is trying to drive the sympathy card home for Phil, but again, I feel nothing. We've seen this many times before. 

Where's the damn comedy/light moments on this show? Jesus....

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

@cassadine1991 Yep. I am not surprised. Ever since they killed of Pat, Barbara Windsor has seemed like she was over the show and definitely wouldn't return after that. 

Plus, I doubt Ben will ever progress as a character. He'll blame the same couple of stories forever--the closet gay story, the murder story, or the angry son story. That is until a capable producer with capable writers are in charge again. 

Umm yes, Charlie Slater is dead. Have you not been watching?

• Members

Superb work from Steve McFadden and Barbara Windsor in the episode. I appreciate her choice to end Peggy on her own terms. Barbara's always been capable of strong dramatic performances when given the material, so I hope she gets it here. 

I don't give a sh!t about dull Gavin and his being yet another man to manipulate Sharon so we'll remember Phil isn't so bad. And while it was nice to hear Kathy talk about the old Phil, it's a shame this is the extent of her relationship with Ben.

Shirley, and that pretentious montage, stuck out like a sore thumb. She sucks. 

Louise is going to be the latest excuse to recycle the same old Phil psychodramas. I'm already bored.