EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

It just seems rushed to me. As does all the bipolar talk with Stacey on Jean's arrival, shoved into endless conversations in one episode. Daran Little also has a blatantly different characterization for Martin than most of the other writers. Martin never gave a [!@#$%^&*] about helping Lily or any of that in previous episodes.

I did enjoy the Nancy and Tamwar scenes. They work so well together.

Sonia is so damn annoying. I want someone to hit her every time I see her. She's just unbearable.

I could swear Nancy said "Jake" in this scene. I even made a video. One that will probably be blocked in five minutes.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Carl, I hate what this regime has done to Jean. Of all his character regressions, Jean has been the worst. By the time she originally left, she was no longer so manic and crazy eyed. She became a full person and less of a I HAVE BIPOLAR! monster that she's shown as being now.

• Members

I guess she's this way to mostly warrant the Stacey meltdown, but it's definitely very one-note, shrill writing. The last scenes of her running out of the flat almost felt like a parody. I find the writing for Stacey one-note and hamfisted in general. DTC is a very crude showrunner. He needs help smoothing over.

• Members

Good episode tonight.

I think Gavin, the property development, Brian Slater and the key are all intertwined. This is shaping up to be something interesting, at least. The mystery of the key actually has the feel of a Douglas Marland umbrella story-the first time I've ever felt that from any story on EE!

Fun fact I realized as I was watching the episode: the piece of music being played as Jean walked down the aisle was the same piece of music that Amanda Carrington walked down the aisle to in a particularly notorious episode of Dynasty. Anyone remember the Moldavian Massacre? This was surely no coincidence and probably a DTC touch.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I thought Abi would be arrested, so I'm genuinely surprised.

I've been uploading some of the few Crossroads episodes I have, and there was this somewhat annoying, but generally tolerable older man pining for Sherrie Hewson.

Not until I saw his name on the scrunched credits did I realize it's my EE archenemy...Les Coker. (Roger Sloman)

More proof of the lack of direction at EE these days IMO. Competent direction would make him less atrociously hammy.

• Members

When Marsden turned up on Phil's doorstep, I knew she was there for Ben. That seemed obvious to me.

I've found the last couple of episodes to be quite boring. This whole Lucy story is dull. They really drag out the simplest of things.

Ben & Paul doing it in the funeral parlour with a corpse in the room was creepy. Apparently it was supposed to be funny - I guess I misplaced my sense of humour for 30 minutes. Speaking of Paul: he's such a 90s reject, with his cut-off sleeveless lumberjack shirt and Alice band (who dresses like this now?). I thought he was going to be a more likeable character, but they seem to have mixed up cheeky with obnoxious.

• Members

I've altered my theory about Kathy's return/Ben's arrest: I think it would be more interesting (and plausible) if Gavin had Ben trailed on Good Friday (hoping to find Kathy lurking nearby) and has his alibi via photographic evidence including a date/time stamp. He would then use this as leverage to get Kathy to come back to him.