EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Roxy is too vapid to have strong chemistry with most (I have the same problem with Vincent - he's all flash but not much inside, although Blackwood is getting better in toning his performances down), but I thought she was OK with Aleks.

It's obvious that they have no idea what to do with Stacey. I hear people say, "Oh she can be part of a new generation of Fowlers," as if that in itself means something - what is that going to mean? What are she and Martin going to do?

I kind of wish Lacey would just take the risk of going again, rather than staying around and making faces in lieu of having a storyline, but I can see why she wanted to come back to a safe haven.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OK, far be it for me to toot my own horn but here's my Paul Nicholas idea back in March:

Just remembered that someone who worked on the show told me that the very pretty actor Paul Nicholas (he played Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar in the West End) was considered to play Sharon's birth father around 2002 (Angie's death?). That idea was nixed. He was later brought in to a workshop to play Kevin Wicks but that didn't work out either. There is a good physical resemblance between him and Leticia Dean. Maybe he can still play her birth father after all. Another actor I have a feeling they're considering is Christopher Villiers, who played Grayson on Emmerdale. He's the right age and would have the right look.

Edited by TimWil, 26 March 2015 - 09:49 PM.

Carl, when I was over in the UK at Christmas I had lunch with people connected to the show who voiced your exact opinion of Lacey. They realized she thinks of EE as a "safe haven." Her family's house is a ten minute walk from the studios and she still lives there! But they said she must be having second thoughts about her decision to come back. Her TV movie (or was it a miniseries) Our Girl did pretty well last fall, ratings-wise.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

That's interesting. To be honest I was a little surprised she came back, but then she didn't seem to get tons of work after she left, which she may have expected.

I'm half-surprised they never brought her kid sister back.

Anyway, given the talk about Paul Nicholas I thought you might like the spoiler photos:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a654091/eastenders-bbc-reveals-pictures-of-gillian-taylforth--paul-nicholas-filming.html

• Members

They have so much riding on Kathy's return and I almost feel like it just can't live up to that expectation. As a result I'm trying not to let myself be that type of fan who expects too much. I just hope they won't have her return be all about Phil.

• Members

As speculated on for a while now, Lindsey Coulson is leaving the show.

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/lindsey-coulson-is-leaving-eastenders.php

I'm pleased we got her for this long. The show won't be the same for me without Carol, but if I have to choose between Carol leaving and Carol being hit in the face by that old wretch Shirley, or being droned at by Sonia, I'll take the goodbye. I just hope viewers who remember her as a somewhat bitter woman in a cafe will go back and watch her 93-97 run too and get more of a picture.

For me characters like Carol are everything Eastenders was created to be. These scenes will always stay with me: