EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought Linda looked lovely, though. Very well rested.

On tonight's episode Buster told Mas about Jade's CF and they wondered if they should tell Shabnam. I ask this again-wouldn't she have known about Jade's condition eiither from when she was born or by Fatima?

Nancy rocked in that final scene with Stacey. Stacey doesn't have chemistry with either Kush or Martin, in my opinion. I say bring back Danny Tennant (one of our favorite bisexual characters) for her.

Edited by TimWil

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was obvious that the show thought Mick would be iconic because he was played by Danny Dyer (who is not even that popular with the British public), and that the Carters would be iconic because DTC created them and because they are related to Shirley (again, never all that popular of a character). And some fans do like them, but ultimately they're irrelevant to the canvas. It doesn't help that none of them have interesting relationships. I see some fans say things like Dean has to die so we can get the good times again between Shirley, Mick and Tina, and all I think is - why is Shirley's vile behavior forgiven just because Dean dies, and when did those three ever have an interesting relationship to begin with?

I hope that like when that hack Collinson left Corrie and the Prices were phased out, the same happens to the Carters.

• Members

Well Dean dying is not going to sweep Shirley's acts under the rug for me. Hell, I never really cared for Shirley that much anyways. I always felt that after Heather was killed and Ben was revealed as the murderer, she should've left the Square. Never bought her and Phil together that much except for at times when she'd give Phil a dose of his own medicine.

The Carters are just too isolated for me to care about them. And when they do reach out and have relationship (now), it feels forced. They just don't mesh well with me.

• Members

Dean Gaffney will be returning for Carol's exit.

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/eastenders-spoiler-robbie-jackson-is-back-with-a-son.php

The people throwing tantrums about Robbie briefly returning make me laugh, as many of them would likely kill a kitten for flops like the Carters. Robbie's annoying but in small doses he's not bad. I'd take him over Sonia any day...

• Members

DTC tweeted this cute pic of Barbara Windsor and Jonny Labey (Paul Coker) at a function for gay magazine Attitude.

https://twitter.com/dominictc/status/614585559684677634

So now Shabnam and Stacey are BOTH pregnant? Shabs is FIVE months pregnant (by Kush) and Stacey is carrying Martin's child (or is iKush's?). Ai yi yi.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Hopefully that will be a strong story. I think he could do well.

I can't help feeling let down by the Vincent story. He's just a camp, silly gangster, and the constant comparisons to Paul Trueman do him no favors. Every time he does that high-pitched squealing I cringe. He also has little chemistry with Kim, and after the character seemed to be on the road to growing up, she's back to being as dumb as ever.

The woman who plays Shabnam is a bit weak as an actress, but I like the serenity and quiet pain she brings to the role, which added a great deal to the scene where she saw Jade for the first time. Masood's anger over the hate crime was another strong scene. It's too bad about all the rest with Kush, and Stacey, and the baby - which she will likely lose and see as a further punishment.

Buster is another disappointment, going back and forth about a child's future to try to please Shirley.

• Members

I agree about the actress who plays Shabnam, Carl. Her facial and vocal tics drive me nuts a lot of the time but when she's still she's very effective. That moment when she looked up at Jade was a good example.

I like Buster but don't think he's good with Shirley. I've decided I'd like Carol's exit to be her going off with him on that motorbike.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

That's funny, Carl. Marianne Faithfull sure did get around!

I'm not a Sonia hater but my God she was insufferable in tonight's episode.

This collection of BBC film critic Mark Kermode's reviews quotes is really funny. Check out #4 (EE-related):

http://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/and-a-big-hello-to-jason-isaacs#.sdrJY3a0O

Edited by TimWil