Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for posting all this. I really enjoyed the interview with Andrew Moss. I think their best moment was Rhys being revealed as Noel's biological son, but the anorexia story was also very powerful. I'm glad Rhys will get a love interest and possibly be happy. I wonder who it will be? He's already been with Mercedes (I liked them together a lot) so that probably isn't happening. Carmel? Jacqui? Are there any other women who aren't leaving? Nancy? Nancy/Rhys would be interesting.

I can't get excited about this Mitzeee stuff. I hate that name and saying Duncan will be involved is not a good way to start. The Costellos sound very contrived, I sure hope they will come across better onscreen.

Is it me or does this new character Doug look like several men mashed together? Nathan from Emmerdale, and a bit like Guy Burnet, and his hair looks like a Frosty. The girl looks like Lily Scott from American Idol.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/scoop/a244534/meet-the-new-hollyoaks-students.html

• Administrator

The past two episodes were pretty good (except for the Cheryl stuff). What an emotional episode with the Ashworth's, and yeah, Andrew Moss was amazing. Why is he still with the show? He has the looks and talent to make it big. Kyle's scenes with Anita, then Theresa made today's ep.

• Members

Goddamn, I got so excited when Moss said he was moving in with Darren ... but why did he have to ruin my dream so quickly? :( As for his new love interest, my first thought was Nancy, though that could have been because I love her too. Just watch them get together and then be written out. :(

Edited by Amello

• Members

Pretty good episode with Calvin's funeral. Very happy they didn't try to deify him. He was scum. From that bizarre funeral photo where he looked half-drunk to having his own sister run through the church defaming him, that was a funeral to remember. Dominique Jackson did a good job. She's better when she doesn't have a lot of dialogue, when she can just show her emotions. This was a nice showcase for some of her better moments. And it was great soap, especially when she tried to rage at the coffin and it, along with Lauren, collapsed.

Smart choice to have the comedy elements, not the HA HA LAUGH NOW stuff, but more situational. I loved when Michaela and Myra had their mutual smirk, and when Myra reminded Mercedes that some of Carmel's eulogy had been used at Mercy's wedding...her FIRST wedding.

Michaela seems to have so little connection to most of the family now, or most of the characters. I keep forgetting she and Zak are even still on the show. She was such good light relief today...it's not going to be the same without her :(

I love when they actually use Myra. Having Myra tail Theresa and call the cops on Kyle, then unknowingly brings the whole force in. She basically ended up saving Theresa's bacon, without meaning to. Yet now Carmel knows the truth, in that quiet and beautifully acted moment where Theresa's guilty look at the DI's claims told Carmel all she needed to know.

The only downside was Duncan Pugsleying his way back to the show, but at least they finally found a shirt that fit him, so we're moving forward.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Don't forget about those tree trunk thighs and the muscular backside. The show's recent decision to put Ravi in tight trousers in every scene he has was the best Ravi-related decision they ever made.

I can't say I will miss him, he was never very interesting and they seemed to pretty much give up after the story that they pushed on him (which he, and probably a lot of other actors, would struggle to carry off), with the bisexuality and Kris/Nancy stuff flopped.

I guess this means Charlotte will be the only GLBT character left,

Is anyone else surprised that people still keep leaving? Every time I think that it's done, someone else goes. Is this like a combination of Marquess firing people and other people deciding to leave a sinking ship? I hope this isn't caused by some bad backstage atmosphere, as that already seems to have lost us Hollie Jay Bowes. I just don't want one of the real talents who are left to suddenly go.

I wonder what they will do with Relish -- Anita can't run it herself. I don't even know what they will do with Anita. Sheree Murphy is only around short term isn't she? Perhaps Anita can go with her.