Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some of those shots look very unflattering -- poor Nick Pickard. Then Frankie in the school uniform, although the actress looks pretty good. I wonder what type of opening it's going to be, as a lot of the shots almost seem like a joke. Was Ravi also in there? And India? The best part is the men in tuxes. Darren always looks good and Kieron Richardson looks incredibly handsome. Gilly looks pretty good too, in whatever he's wearing.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/i299460/hollyoaks-behind-the-scenes-2010-titles-ste-hay-kieron-richardson.html

Most recent episode -- I still think the stuff with Des's sister and how she is preying on his worst fears is very good drama, she's a very believable villain because she's not any type of mustache-twirling figure. I wish they could keep her around.

I wish they could keep Dave around too, I like the way he winds up Charlotte and Kris.

Why did 30 year old Anita suddenly forgive Lauren and why does she have the money to give Lauren like it's Christmas? I'd rather believe she did this as some plot to break up Lauren and Gaz, after the way Gaz treated her, but even then it's all very rushed and kind of strange.

• Members

Marquess seems to be keeping some of the cheap comedy characters, like Duncan or Cheryl, perhaps because he thinks the show is too "dark". I think they make the show look awful and like an embarrassment and my guess is they actively drive away viewers. Duncan and Ricky are also examples of extremely lazy writing and producing -- one is mopey, the other is desperate and pathetic, so therefore they must be some good team.

If they are going to keep Cheryl around I wish they could at least fix her hair and makeup. When I first saw her in Hollyoaks Later a few years ago she didn't seem that bad to me, but now the way they make her up, like her shot in the new opening credits, it just makes you want to skip watching.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Regarding the new titles, I think it will swing one of two ways. They will either be previewed/leaked before the end of the week (or shown with First Look on e4) or they will do what they did with the current style and wait until the 5 the the premier them. I remember they put the old credits over the Friday e4 episode to avoid 'leaks'

• Members

Yay, the show used music from The xx again today. Love them.

Anyway, I LoL'ed when Michaela was revealed as the second spray painter. It'll be so sad when she leaves.

Anita found the gun! Maybe she'll shoot Gaz :) I do hope she steals it for protection though. That would make Jacqui go insane. It would be fun to watch.

What has happened to Zak? This is NOT him.

• Members

The woman who plays Anita doesn't work that well for me when she's in dramatic situations. I was also distracted in her scenes with Carmel because they have similar hairstyles and facial expressions and similar acting styles. They should have had Carmel as her mother instead of Tricia Dingle.

Marquess is very good at scenes which don't have dialogue but move the story forward. The moments where Jacqui dug the gun out of the dirt and then where Anita found the gun were both excellent. I also liked the comedy scenes of Jacqui being desperate to get away with the gun, only to be stopped by one person or another. And of course Carmel's line about "ladymen", because she finds "trannies" not nice, was fun. So far Marquess seems to have more of a handle on Carmel than Lucy Allan did.

I don't really like what they've done to Zak, but I also don't think they do Michaela any favors. This story is just kind of sad, made even worse by all the backstage furor which spilled out to the public.

The stuff with Des spreading his racist poison around is still interesting but I hope they won't drag it out too much longer.

The woman Dave was attracted to had such a jutting collarbone I could barely focus on the rest of the scenes. Given Dave's gaunt appearance, she would be more like his sister than his dream woman.

I really liked the moment where Dom was hanging out with a battle buff he knew who turned out to be a drag queen. I wish we could see more of that. When they figure out what to do with Dom he can be very entertaining in a unique sort of way.

• Members

The "comedy" scene with Cheryl and Duncan was more like agony. I still don't understand why Cheryl doing a bad drag act is funny, and the only thing I noticed about Duncan was he seemed much heavier than the last time I saw him. Making stupid faces isn't comedy genius. The funniest part of that was seeing Dave and Zak wind him up, and they're the two who are being written out.

• Members

Oh I forgot to say that they seemed to get in some stuff you wouldn't really expect, even for Hollyoaks. I was laughing and laughing at Dave getting away with the line about how if Duncan said the right thing he could see "Cheryl and the Chocolate Factory."

• Members

Steph & Gilly are on dull couple

Theresa needs to get a bit cheerful. She killed Calvin but i think she needs to shut up and move on

Haven`t you noticed that Jacqui treats Des like dirt

Duncan depresses me and is one fat chubby loser. He should be sacked faster than the speed of light...please

for some reason,I hate Gaz so much and Des being a racist doesn`t help

I now have some hatred for Carmel after saying that to Anita