Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Hey Amello, did you know that the woman who plays the detective on Emmerdale was Abi, who was involved in Ste's baby kidnapping plotline last year? I didn't remember her, but someone on Digital Spy said it was her.

Apparently the guy who plays Riley Costello played a classmate of Justin's in 2004. They were rivals but then became friends, before he vanished along with some other students at that time, like Candy. I think they said his name was Nathan? So this guy is playing a 17 year old 6 years after he played a 14 or 15 year old? Odd casting choice.

Anyway, the alien story seems to be low-key so far, although

He looks too much like Seth Costello. He seems OK other than that.

Not all that interested in this story with Michaela and the racism story, although Kent Riley is, as usual, giving a very solid, underrated performance. I'm going to be sad to see he and Kris, the last two of a very strong student group, go. I know Elliot was there too but he came a little later and he's leaving soon as well. But Jess, Zoe, Kris, Zak, they were great together. I miss Jess and Zoe a lot.

You'd think Michaela working at the paper would have been fun but I don't think it has gelled and her rival just annoys me, and the way they write Michaela's idea of journalism, like typing in RACIST DES TOWNSEND over and over, is baffling.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ste had a baby kidnapping plot? LoL

I bet the only reason they cast him as Riley is because he looks so identical to Max, and has a six pack. Sadly, he still isn't even that attractive. Where have all the hot blokes gone? :(

The alien kid seems like a better actor than Seth Costello, who, though he is cute, is very bland. But hey, I guess that makes it easier to believe he's Jem's brother. If this Jasmine girl can't act, I will call the Costello's a major fail.

I am really disliking all these exits and how they are written. It almost seems like check off system is being used. 1) Archie, check. 2) Newt, check ... Who's next? Oh, okay, um .... check!

• Members

Did you hear that when Gilly (who was even more difficult to understand than usual) said that being with Jem was always excitement? What did they do, go around eating brains?

Yeah, Ste was in some long running baby stealing plot last year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abi_Raven#Abi_Raven

I agree about the exits so far, they've been lackluster, although I thought Newt's last scenes were nice.

• Members

I don't remember if Gilly has ever had a job.

Everyone might have already seen this but here's a backstage video for the 2011 Hunks calender. Ashley Taylor Dawson (who looks great aside from the fake tan), Anthony Quinlan, and the guy who plays Riley. Love the very pervy crotch and midsection shots of Ashley and Anthony, and the hand rubbing baby oil on Anthony's stomach. And they even joke about the stupid baby oil.

• Members

I guess I'm so used to the fake tans, that and it looked different when they got inside the house.

I wonder how many guys are going to be in this shoot, since so many are leaving the show. That would leave Carl, Rhys, Ste...one or two others I'm forgetting.

They are probably going to have less sales without Ricky Whittle, so they should compensate by having them just pose in their underwear :lol:

• Members

I really enjoyed the Steph scenes with that Louie kid today. Too bad, Louie isn't someone they thought about keeping around because he was instantly likable and that conversation he had with Steph about having cancer twice and advising her not too push Frankie away made him more likable than Cheryl, Duncan or any of those lame Costello's have ever been.

Marquess just doesn't seem to have a clue.

Except, he does write some good stuff for the McQueens. Like always, they were a highlight today. However, I really don't like the actor playing Des. Thank God he's gone next week.

Edited by Amello