Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For me that's a good thing, as much as I loved both.

Fact is it was basically the Brendan Brady show.

Since they left imo it seems the rest of the cast are getting more equal screentimes.

Might stop characters being under developed.

I do wish they hadn't got another 'Jason' though as so many names they could've picked. Yet they got 1 who's been a main character so recently/

• Members

I found Brendan repulsive honestly...even when he was with Ste. Just the ultimate sketch old perv guy. Never will understand what people find attractive or intriguing about the character or the actor himself. He was definitely sucking all the air out of the show though....

Can someone please tell me whos really the father of Sinead's baby? I know that Rhys isn't but I cant seem to find any concrete info on who she actually slept with to conceive the child.....God I hope its not Tony....that would be a hot mess.

• Members

I wish that soaps didn't get such praise for social issue stories they don't care about following up. Esther's doing just wonderfully after her suicide attempt, and she's even great pals with Sinead, who gets far more story and is written as a much more central character, one viewers are supposed to have the reactions to. Esther herself is an afterthought.

For all the hype over this story showing the horrors of bullying, they don't seem to care about any aftermath.

• Members

Unless I missed a scene I'm pretty sure Sinaeds baby is Rhys's.

The Brendan lovefest from some viewers was abit strange. I've noticed it with a few gay characters no matter how awful they are or how dull they are. Some act like there the most amazing person to ever be in a Soap.

I did like Emmett as an actor but those who wanted him with Ste, NO,NO,NO! All he did was keep punching him urgh

• Members

Sinead's baby daddy is dearly departed Rhys.

As for those punches, SoapgirlUk, they were all punches of love. We just don't understand or get how "epic" Stendan's love for each other, and we should disregard how Brendan shouldn't have abused Ste for so long. It was all "epic", so it made the abuse "different".

• Members

I don't watch that much of Game of Thrones, not yet, but I was looking at a clip and I recognized Nathalie Emmanuel (Sasha Valentine) immediately. She never could act but she always had a presence. I'm not too surprised she's moved upward.

• Members

That's weird. And she and Roxanne had story together on Hollyoaks (I guess they didn't on GOT).

I watched the first season of Lip Service and Roxanne had a good role as a closeted TV star...I think she even had a spanking scene.

• Members

Poor Sinead....I'm guessing that scumbag raped her....just horrible.

I can honestly say that after Melanie and Lindsey on QaF.....Esther and Tilly is the first lesbian couple I've felt emotionally attached to. I just find them so endearing. Esther seems so sad and after all she's been thru with the bullying, etc i really hope she gets some happiness (at least for a while what with it being a soap and all).

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

Yeah. That's what I got from that scene as well. Especially the aftermath of Sinead, still in her outfit from the night before, the bruises on her face and shoulder. That guy, was determined to get more than just his money back from her.

The buildup for Esther and Tilly is very lovely and something that is nice to see on any soap these days. Esther, has been so lonely for so long, that she's rightfully hesitant about trying to pursue anything romantic, with someone that has hurt her (unintentionally in the past). While Tilly doesn't want to rush anything with Esther, but she feels that they have something that is worth taking a risk. Jen put her through through the ringer, in their affair, so it's great that Tilly's not sworn herself off letting herself be open for another chance at love.