B&B:Sheila

• Members

I recently discovered some older clips of Sheila during her first run on B&B. Her and Stephanie were having a heated argument about Sheila marrying Eric. It was powerful stuff. I've always been a devout Y&R watcher so I pretty much missed Sheila's first run. I was talking to some folks who say that if it wasn't for Sheila, B&B never would've made it through the nineties. She gave the show a much needed spark.

Is that true? What did Sheila bring to B&B before she disintegrated into the cartoon-y villain she became? Was Kimberlin Brown a good acting match for Susan Flannery during those days?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree that B&B wouldn't have lasted into the 90's without Sheila, even before she came to B&B, the show was already usually CBS' #2 or #3 soap. What Sheila and Kimberlin did was bring much more soap press coverage and publicity to B&B, after all, the character was quite popular and well received on Y&R. Prior to the Sheila crossover, B&B had barely been given any notice by the soap press, it was sort of the forgotten CBS soap.

• Members

Okay, where's my man MarlandRulez? Does he still post over here. I know he's not going to let a Sheila thread go unnoticed. LOL!

I FLOVE me some Kimberlin Brown and Sheila was a great character, one of the BEST villains, at least until Brad Bell and then LML did some damage to her. I'll never forgive that two-toned haired, reliquary loving HACK for what she did to Shells!

Oh, and Kimberlin Brown was about the only person that could go completely BALLS OUT toe-to-toe with Susan Flannery!!! The only person that could make La Steph quake in her heels and make it believable.

The only fault that I give Sheila is that she didn't kill that annoying twit Amber. BWAHAHAHA!!!

• Members

The reason Sheila worked so well on her first go-round at B&B was that she was more of a coiled spring than a "psycho". She was presented as primarily a bitch with an element of menace and because of that she was able to be integrated into a host of storylines.

In fact setting aside the brilliance of the character of Sheila, that was a strength in the mid 90s. The Forrester family were all intertwined in each others' storylines which made the stakes that much higher. It was the time of the original and best battle for FC and had a ripple effect all over the canvas. I miss those days.

2002 onwards, Sheila was nothing special. The Erica SORAS was ludicrous and all Sheila did was sit around in a dingy apartment for episodes on end. Then 2003 and Y&R speak for themselves. As others have said, the best way to utilise Kimberlin Brown would be for Sheila to cause conflict. They could have played with the justice system a little and paired her up as Massimo's new wife against the Forresters. Unfortunately, it was easier to write her one note so that's what they decided to do.

• Members

Oh! :unsure:

You know, in all seriousness, I can completely understand why a lot of people are so through with Sheila, but I FLOVE her and I would take her right now instead of this The Logan's Ordeal of the Week Show.

• Members

Sheila will forever be to me, the best soap character ever. Much of this has to do with Kimberlin's amazing performance, and Bill Bell's excellent multilayered writing for the character. Brad Bell was good with her too in the 90s. She became so much more than the typical crazy soap psycho, she became the ultimate tragic figure that you couldnt help but care for despite the things she did.

I'll never forget the moment between Sheila and Scott on Catalina Island where he's dying and professing his love to Sheila who he's thinking is Lauren. "Lauren? You called me Lauren." Such a heart breaking moment.

• Members

Sheila was one of the best daytime villains of all time. She was so vicious and evil and KB always brought her A-game whether going toe-to-toe with the Forresters, hatching some fiendish plot against Lauren or, sadly, going to the amazon to kidnap Ridge. Many people think of Sheila as a legacy character of the Bell shows and I tend to agree. The problem with Sheila is that the writers have made it next to impossible to integrate her character with Y&R or B&B. Once she's found out - she always has the same climatic finale where she's dispatched either by escape or death.

I think it's next to impossible for anyone to ever believe that Sheila could be reformed or rehabbed. But if I had a choice of seeing KB over the Logans or watching Lily be named the world's most beautiful model, I'd pick Sheila anyday - but let MS stay Phyllis and let KB be Sheila.

On a related note - on a another thread in another board, someone posed a theory that Lowell, Michael's dad had anotherdaugfhter and the writer's are thinking about sheila being that daughter! Absurd, maybe, but fun to think about. Lauren, meet yourt new Sister-in-law! :)

• Members

Outstandingly written!

In my view, the only way to bring Kimberlin Brown back now at this point is as "Sugar"...and they should use that opportunity to return her to "coiled spring", with Sugar as a woman trying to bounce back from the past, in terms of both mental health and criminal issues.

Truthfully, though, why? I LOVED Kimberlin's Sheila...but I think that ship has sailed.

• Members

I've always loved Sheila (minus a few of a her extremely outlandish visits, ala last on Y&R and B&B). As mentioned, it's pretty much impossible for her to return because everybody knows about her. The only people she could get close to would be new characters.

Something interesting I thought of, she could be a nurse for Beth if they have Beth need medical attention. I don't think Beth was ever in LA for Shelia, but I may be completely forgetting something.

• Members

You know what? Why can't Sheila go to a P&G show? They desperately need some spice and ratings. Sheila would be an awesome boost for that. I know they did the whole Annie Dutton/psycho thing but I'd love to see Sheila and Josh fall in love and see "the grand dame of daytime" Reva go toe-to-toe with her. Sheila coming to GL would actully compel me to watch GL again - like a whole episode! Or if they ever brought Craig back to ATWT, I think he would be fascinated by her. They'd make a good pair. And a Bell/P&G crossover is not unheard of - Michael Baldwin showed up in Oakdale to defend someone on ATWT.

Love Sheila, though! No matter what they do to her character or how ludicrous she gets, I'll always want some more.

Archived