B&B:Sheila

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oakdale is now in the same universe as Y&R (since Y&R's Michael Baldwin visited a while back). But what about GL? Has it ever had ties to any other show?

It is kind of cool, because ATWT ties to AW (both in original creation, and in the movement of Jake Mackinnon and others to Oakdale after AW was cancelled). Then Y&R ties to ATWT (through Baldwin), and B&B ties to Y&R through shared characters. I like that all these shows inhabit a common universe.

We know (thanks to Skye Chandler, and also Linda Dano and others) that the ABC shows tie together. Of the current universe, does that mean only GL and DOOL have no ties to other "soap universes"?

• Members

GL has ties to both ATWT and AW. Two Bauers crossed over to AW in the 70's, and GL's location, Springfield, is mentioned on ATWT from time to time and Oakdale is also mentioned on GL from time to time.

Stephen Schnetzer, who portrayed Cass Winthrop on AW, has crossed over to both ATWT and GL as that same character.

• Members

Oh, perfect!

That leaves only DOOL alone, I guess. Which is fitting, given its orphan status on NBC.

I'm such a nerd, I'd like to see bridges between the ABC and CBS universes. But given the *feud*, I doubt that will happen.

Archived