What would you do to save GL?

• Members

<<DK/EW have been the worst thing to happen to GL. They made me do the impossible; make simply not care anymore. I still enjoy past clips of the show I know and still love and I tune in every now and then, still hoping to tune in for that once familiar show. However for me, Guiding Light died years ago, and this is only a shell of its former self.>>

Oh how I agree with you Michael. I simply don't care anymore about GL. After 37 years of watching, I watch for about 15 minutes a week. I never, ever thought that I'd feel this way. I actually am at the point where I wish they'd cancel the show now and not wait until next year, because I worry about how much more decimation that Wheeler and Kreizman can and will do over the next year before the show finally goes off the air in September 2009.

I'd love to have a conversation with Wheeler and ask her how she could have possibly thought that what she is putting on the air now would save the genre.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, it's done. They have no money, they have little on screen talent, they now dont even have proper stages/cameras/lighting. No EP/HW change is going to wipe the stigma this show has with the daytime audience - that it's well past its prime, and a boring piece of crap.

• Members

I just wanted to say that Gus WAS a crooked cop. He falsified FBI EVIDENCE to prosecute Danny and practically lied on the stand. Not to say that Danny was the 'good guy;' he wasn't by any stretch. But Gus was a pretty shady character.

• Members

With RPG and Beth Ehlers saying goodbye to GL this year it seems to me like GL is a sinking ship and wondered if any of you had suggestions for Ellen and David to revitalize this once great soap.

I personally think they should start a new with keeping on some characters to move the story on. I think there is a lot of dead weight on the show and I think its time they cut the fat. I say get rid of characters like Ava, Jeffrey, Dylan, Daisy, Rafe, Natalia, Marina, Cyrus, Mel, Mallet and Dinah. I think the Bauers should come back into play and bring on at first these twins a boy and a girl. They will turn out to be Rick's kids from an affair when he was off the show back in the early nineties. They are in there early twenties, the boy is named Michael and the girl is named Faith. They know that he is their father but don't allow him to know. Faith wants to tell him and tries to form a bond but Michael is hesitant angry at the neglect from him. After awhile it will all be found out and we have a new generation of Bauers. I think its time to kill off Alan, though many wouldn't like to hear it I think he has become a caricature of what he used to be and the show needs someone realistic. The Spaulding Empire will be left in the hands of Alex and she is there as to show Lizzie the ropes.

Its time for the Marlers to be a dominating force by giving Blake a storyline which brings back Holly to help raise her children with her. Kevin and Jason will be part of the new teen scene and are very excited to see their cousin back in town Peter Lewis Reardon who will become a Roger Thorpe type. The Marler twins will have a new set of friends with recently returned Rocky Cooper. They will be joined by Maureen Reardon all grown up and new girl characters to flesh out the teen scene.

The Lewis's will back with Marah and Shayne returning to Springfield. The rest of the characters that are introduced are new to town also and they will be all in the same age group as these two.

What do you guys think?

• Members

Unfortunate as it is, I agree. Its embarrassing to see the storied soap reduced to nothing but a youtube worthy websoap.....

and even some of them I think have better production values.

Archived