AMC: Beth Ehlers Offically joins AMC but not as Liza!

• Members

After taking a "vacation" from GUIDING LIGHT to job-hunt, insiders tell Weekly that Beth Ehlers (Harley) has landed a role on ALL MY CHILDREN. At press time for the issue of Weekly on sale this weekend, several sources reported she would be playing Liza Colby and start airing this summer in a love triangle with former GL spouse Ricky Paull Goldin (ex-Gus; now Jake) and Michael E. Knight (Tad). However, this week it appears AMC has another character in mind for Ehlers.

http://www.soapoperaweekly.com/news/breaking/

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way I'm reading this is she still could end up being Liza. Just because they are considering another path doesn't mean they will take it.

Basically I'm not getting my hopes until her character is confirmed.

• Members

Beth Ehlers as Mia might be better. The Headline of this posting is mis-leading however. The article quoted does NOT say that Ehlers is NOT going to play Liza, it states that it APPEARS they have another character in mind, So she could still be playing Liza.

We definitely DO NOT need a Carly re-cast when the wonderful Laura Wright is playing Carly.

• Members

Relieved she isn't Liza. She wouldn't have worked.... Liza is needed in Pine Valley, but I just can't see Beth doing the role justice. I wonder if they will cast her as a new character???

• Members

Why would she want to step into a role when Kelly Ripa has said time and again she'd do guest spots if they'd just ask her too. I don't think Hayley is a character that's needed back on the show full time, plus it'd be stupid to have Hayley return without Mateo. Breaking up Super Couples off screen usually backfires on soaps.....

Archived