Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Members

I saw Helen in the play 2 Lives at the George Street Playhouse in New Jersey about 10 years ago. She was amazing and garnered rave reviews for her performance. She riveting as a grieving mother and brought a number of audience members to tears with her performance.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Robin Mattson is a very fine actress, but she just wasn't Delia. Ilene Kristen is the definitive Delia to me (in the SOAPNet reruns). I did see both the short-lived Robyn Millan (a casting mistake that was quickly rectified) and Randall Edwards (but not enough for me to have much of an opinion). Thankfully, all turned out for the best as Ilene later returned to RH for the rest of the show's run, and Robin landed one of her best roles - Gina on SB.

• Members

I can't imagine why Robyn Millan did so poorly on Ryan's Hope. (and I agree that she did a TERRIBLE job as Delia)

Ilene Kristen was told to watch tapes of Robyn Millan from Where the Heart Is during the early months of the show to help her get an idea of how Delia was supposed to be.

• Members

Thank you, safe, for posting those FF episodes. When I wrote to Kelli Maroney and sent a photo for her to autograph, I picked a screen cap of her on FF!! I remember watching one FF where it was RH against GH (I think it was GH, it might have been OLTL, it's been a long time and I don't even know if it is still up on YT). Anyway, I remember howling when Helen Gallagher came out in what was known as the infamous "mauve" dress - the one Maeve wore for EVERY dress-up occasion.

I wish someone would put together an entire DVD set of just the soap opera stars on FF, from the Dawson and Combs eras. There was the Valentine's Week with the stars from AMC and GH from 1982, the Saints vs. Sinners, OLTL vs. GH (in what I believe was the first soap opera FF - Ellen Holly was even on!!!), I could go on and on.

By the way, safe, I love your Chiffon avatar!!!