• Members
  • Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was good to see them all together. I still can't believe how awesome they all look. And to be fair, they've all pretty much had success or worked steadily since. Savant and Cross for nearly a decade on Desperate Housewives, Locklear's had pilots and guest stints and was a regular on Spin City, Leighton was/is on Pretty Little Liars and was working pretty steadily afterwards, lots of pilots and guest gigs. I take it she and Savant are still married? Grant Show's done a lot just hasn't really had much luck lol. I wonder if he would have come back? Thankfully Andrew Shue has faded from the spotlight. And not to mention Courtney Thorne Smith. Girl was never a great actress but man she's worked a LOT. Good for her. Ally McBeal, According to Jim, Two and a Half Men ... not shabby. And none of them seemed to look down on the show which I truly appreciate, even after the shitty reboot. It was just good, fun entertainment. It was never meant to be Shakespeare and I think they mastered what they did very well. I'm still amazed and thrilled at how much Beverly Hills 90210 and MP soared when I don't see anything like that happening today.

Wasn't it rumored at the time that the original plan was to have Jake and Amanda, not Michael and Sydney? Or did most just assume Jake because of the 'David' in the cast. I'm still annoyed they gave Michael a son with the same name as Jake's should be same age grown son.

Heather Locklear is supposed to be on Good Morning America again this morning, just a heads up. No idea what it's about.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It was just part 2 of the interview with the cast. Some was already said, but still a little different. Josie/Laura highlighted as were Sydney/Jane. Josie's favorite was burying Richard alive. They again played Locklear's talking about the lines she had to say and Courtney again about playing blind Alison and how drunk Alison was fun to play. I have to admit, I kinda loved drunk Alison. I liked that it was a real alcoholic storyline and not just rushed and wrapped up in a couple of episodes. It lasted a while.

Doug Savant talked about how honored he was to play Matt, although he gets confused and calls Matt Tom which the cast points out. They all seem to get along really well.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that early press releases stated that David was supposed to be Jake's son. David even looked like he could be Jake's son and the whole character was clearly modelled after him.

Amanda was supposed to get murdered in the pilot, but Heather Locklear didn't want Amanda to die and therefore did not agree to appear in the reboot. Only when the show was already in serious danger of cancellation did she accept to return. The whole reboot must have cost the CW a lot of money, considering that Locklear and Leighton were among the highest-paid TV actresses in the 90s.

Courtney Thorne-Smith was also slated to appear in the reboot, but that never materialized.

• Members

LMFAO at Taylor running around town looking for sperm and then basically telling Michael to impregnate her not once, but twice! I mean, this isn't far from rape although they did make sure to show that Michael changed his mind twice. God, she turned batshit crazy, didn't she?

Edited by YRBB

• Members

That promo E! used to run when they had Melrose repeats, it had a jingle which went like, "and what I saw I liked to see...I never knew...where evil grew..."

Was this a promo Fox ever ran, and they just reused it? Or was this new? Is this on Youtube? It was catchy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just re-watched the Season 6 ep: Four Affairs and a Pregnancy (i think it's called). Man, I wish Taylor and Michael could have been given a chance as a couple.

Taylor: Michael, you have to examine me. I think I'm still dizzy from the concussion Nick gave me.

Micheal: Taylor, you were born dizzy.

a bit later...

Taylor: OMG, I can't be pregnant. I don't even know who the father is.

Michael: Well, how long is the list?

Taylor: There's Kyle, Nick...

Michael: You slept with Nick?

Taylor: and well...there's you.

Michael: Yeah, I was hoping you forgot about that.

(ok so the dialogue probably isn't exact..but still)

Those two were great!

I agree with the thought that was mentioned before about MP 2.0 and how Lisa Rinna should have come on as David's mom. Even if just for an ep or two but then again, the producers who admitted to never having watched the original would have screwed it up like they did all the other original characters.