Melrose Place

• Members

That is a great cover! I've always wanted Laura Leighton to cougar me (even tho she's not technically old enough wub.png ) Is she not still on Pretty Little Liars? I only watched the first half of Season One because she was on it and then I drifted off....

The producers of MP 2.0 had admitted in many interviews that they had never watched the original MP and it showed. Not only was it a different feel like everyone has said but all the originals (Sydney, Amanda, Jane, and Jo) were all written as extremely bitter with less likability than the original. I mean Sydney was always scheming but to me she was never written as mean spirited!

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

tumblr_mbhfift0A91qkc8gxo1_1280.png

tumblr_mbe9s7x6NG1rfno67o1_500.png

Seriously can we try for Melrose Place 3.0? Id completely disregard the second series and bring back Jake, Jo, Jane, Amanda as the main cast with Alison and Billy as recurring characters for sure. Michael if TC would be up for it. 3-4 new characters to round out the cast. Im not a fan of bringing dead characters back from the dead, especially how they went out, but I would be up for Marcia Cross and Laura Leighton reprising their roles in limited capacity in dream sequences. I can see Sydney and Kimberly appearing to taunt Michael at various point, or Syd with Jane

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Yes.

I saw a quote from him on IMDB I'd never heard before.

I don't know why this surprised me, but it did. Pathetic. I'm glad he was repulsed by this. If not for the paycheck I wonder if he would have stayed past a year or two.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Doug and Laura are still married, as far as I know.

And damn, they all look so good! That picture from inside the magazine looks like a promo shot from the original run. I'm so glad they didn't have them pose in the ugly way most current shows do cast photos, with the cast members all spread out in a police lineup.

Most of all, all of those smiles look real, and it looked like my MP crew had a fun time participating in the shoot!

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members
man it does, doesnt it?

For selfish reasons, I hate that the thing was even created bc whenever I do a Tumblr or Google search for MP, I get cluttered with that instead of the original series. I cant tell you how many tag photos of Katie Cassidy as Melrose Place, when Im not even looking for the bitch

• Members

MP 2.0 was just so far from the spirit of the original. I think part of what makes all these remakes and sequels fail is that they try more to live up to the hype of the original shows instead of just trying to keep the spirit and tone of the original shows. MP is known for scandal and betrayal and deception, sex, power, etc, but there was also friendship and romance, and the most important thing was the family-like atmosphere at the building. 2.0 didn't have that, and it sucked ass.

• Members

Katie Cassidy is the ONLY member of 2.0 I'd want on another reboot. She had a great chemistry/rivalry with Amanda. She'd be great. The two were just getting good when it ended. "Ella" having "Amanda" arrested and hauled away by the cops in the final scene was brilliant. You know there would be payback!

I'd love for Lisa Rinna to be recurring as well but only if TC came back. She did have his kid somewhere! Well...not HIS...but you know what I mean.