Psycho soap fans

• Members

I heard that the Jarly and J and R wars were bad back in the day. I wasn't online then but I heard that Kimberly got hate mail wishing that Kimberly would die of aids not Robin. Sometimes fans just take it too far. I don't understand sending hate mail to an actress you don't even like but thats me.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sad thing is, at least in the case of OLTL, tptb love the fan wars and IMO actively encourage it. It generates passion and unreasonable interest in particular outcomes which appears to indicate to them it's successful, even while offline viewers tune out in droves. I really miss the days when I was spoiler free and didn't engage on the boards. I think the shows were more fun then. Too late now. You can't unring a bell.

• Members

I can only imagine what the Skye/Jax/Brenda/Sonny/Carly wars were like. I remember Lorenzo/TB's Carly/Sonny wars being pretty bad. Only because I loved CarLo.

And I left some B&B forums because the Brooke vs. Taylor wars got so bad. Posters were literally tearing each other apart. It got scarily personal. People were even posting the personal details of one poster's life in order to "out" her. Just nasty stuff.

I also heard a rumor that during her GL days, LW got sent a voodoo doll of herself with pins stuck in it from venemous Manny fans. No wonder Manny got written off the show.

• Members

Not only were the Manny fans crazy, but they didn't know how to spell either. There was one message board that was basically a discussion board and they would get hostile if members were talking about Nancy St. Alban or Paul Anthony Stewart. Or even complaining about the Santos Mob in general. "Santos familee RULZ 4eva!" "Michelle and Danny are hawt and 2 kewl!" are usually some other the Mannyiac quotes. But, it's been such a long time ago that my mind is becoming a little hazy with these people.

:lol: That's too funny with the Laura Wright voodoo doll! I remember Laura Wright had something to say about the possible Cassie and Danny hookup and told SOD that if she were to tell Paul Rauch that she didn't agree with her current storyline, then she would be out of a job.

Hmm... makes me wonder if things at Guiding Light are calm now since no one really cares about the show anymore. Now that Jammy no longer exists.

• Members

That's kind of sad, isn't it. Although I am sure a lot of long-time fans might disagree with you. I pretty much stopped after Jammy were written out (and those amazing Happy Anniversary episodes). I love Dinah and Olivia but when the writing is so lacklustre, even the charisma of Gina Tognoni and Crystal Chappell cannot hold my attention.

• Members

I believe Passions fans are worse. They don't go after the characters they go after the people who played the characters. Especially if Linds/Theresa is involved. They said some nasty things about Brook Kerr & Liza Huber looks. Because of Whitney love interest for Fox & Gwen love for Ethan.

• Members

OLTL? OLTL has a couple of really rude wars over the years -- the Natalie vs. Evangeline wars that even still erupt on some boards almost a year after REG has left the show, getting both profane and personal. Even whether Viki should or shouldn't have a love life and how much of it viewers should see causes extreme bickering at some anonymous boards. And there are some boards that have shared a little too much personal life where it descends to trashing each other.

Archived