Psycho soap fans

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days fans. IMHO they are also the ones doing the most damage to there own show.

GH fans are second. Brenda always has drama with fans, lol. The wars of the carlys. Jason & Sonny vs the rest of the show.

But if we are going just baised on couples/stars/etc Zendull def deserves a mention. They flip whenever anyone enters Zendulls orbit. Unless they are only to prop Zendull.

I have also seen BB fans go at it.

I would say that Y&R fans prob are the best. As are GL and OLTL. they just kinda all bitch together when the soaps suck.

ATWT has its fare share of wars.

• Members

Shamefully, I'd have to say DAYS. Guiding Light was getting pretty bad there with Jeva, Jassie, Rassie, Pharley, GusH, Jonah, Bloss, CasH, Philivia, Manniacs, Torah, etc. It was a big ol' mess at that time with Guiding Light!

DAYS is bad when it comes to soap fans. At least right now, but you'll never know.... :unsure:

• Members

I think all soap fans can get nasty, especially when it comes to couples and/or a "good girl" vs. a "bad girl." But I pretty much agree, point-by-point.

The fights between Taylor and Brooke fans on B&B boards are pretty legendary. Nick/Sharon and Nick/Phyllis on Y&R? Oh LAWD.

TnT and TnB wars got pretty ugly and personal on OLTL boards back in the '90s, with one side accusing the other of poor moral character.

I must admit, I find GH boards the scariest. I've definitely gotten into some scraps over Brenda/Vanessa Marcil (whom I adore, unapologetically).

• Members

It has to be DAYS....at about.com forum, the DAYS guide there is always having to tell them to be respectful and basically mind their manners. The GH wars have pretty much died down at that website but, as most people have said, the Sonny/Brenda vs. Sonny/Carly got INTENSE! Then you had Journey vs. Liason

AMC has their fair share of feuds like Rendall vs. Rylee, Lianca vs. BAM, Zach vs. Ethan, Zendall vs. I guess anyone ;)

• Members

I like her as Sam on Las Vegas....but I do not like Vanessa. To me, she just comes off as too bitchy and narcissistic, always wanting things her way. Plus, someone I know who attended Super Soap Weekend when she was on GH said she signed autographs way in advance so she would not have to "deal" with fans.

She also sucked as host of the Daytime Emmys and, on top of the Emmys, did not deserve her Emmy (Robin Christopher anyone?!)

Now, do I admire women who succeed in acting from soaps to either primetime or movies? Sure. Just not that woman!

• Members

anytime you wanna gush about VM/Brenda love i am your man!!

I see how people see it that way but i do not. I just see her as an actress who, when is upset with her char/show/storyline wants it changed, and if they do not, then shes done. Its much like being unhappy at a job and leaving to find another one, IMHO. I also assume she has perhaps the biggest line at SSW and wanted everyone to be able to get autograph, so she pre-sighned. I feel two ways about this as it has happend at many fan events - i like it because it does give everyone a chance to get one - however i dont like it because it is a bit inpersonable, it is one of those screwed if you do, screwed if you dont situations.

As for the emmys - anyone up deserved it - it was IMHO the best nom's ever in any section of the emmys. each and every single woman that got a nom deserved that emmy award. Cady, Rebecca, Robin, Vanessa, and the rest really all owned that year. They were all flawless and perfect. It really came down to Cady & Vanessa for me. I am glad Vanessa won that emmy.

• Members

No excuse about a long line. Susan Lucci always has the longest line at any SSW and makes time to sign autographs while meeting the fans. She does not prearrange anything and makes sure each one gets an autograph, a meet with her, and a picture.

I did not find Vanessa's tape convincing enough of Emmy caliber. She may have played it smart by submitting totally different scenery (one drama, one comedy) but they did not really measure a good range for me. Robin Christopher had tapes that showed her going through the gammut of emotions and proves how she is at the top of her game in acting. GH did not fully appreciate Robin and I commend her for leaving that crapfest.

• Members

I think GH and Days fans have wars like no other soaps. On any given day on a Days or GH board, you'll see fans at each other's throats.

Now with Y&R, the only time I can remember a big fan war was when Nick and Phyllis first started their affair. It was CRAZY between Shick and Phick fans and really just died down a few months ago.

Archived