January 28 - February 1, 2008

Toups

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lest we forget, last weeks ratings jump (when we viewed the results), was in large part due to Martin Luther King Jr. Day (or Bday, or whatever day you call it).

But, did I expect an increase, nope. I expected GH's ratings to fall back down to where it has been because I knew they would make mistakes in terms of Sarah's returns. Sweeps this period seems quite benign if compared to other periods, so we shall see. We shall see.

• Members

Sweeps periods are months (February, May, July and November) when the television schedule is filled with special episodes and other broadcasts, designed to find out what networks viewers respond to the most. On soaps, that's usually when storylines have big developments or endings.

• Members

in other words when GH does sweeps. they usually pull out the BIG guns. mob shootouts. buildings on fires. buildings blowing up. killers being revealed. that sort of thing. these ratings don't surprise me. we haven't had some good action last week. we need Guza back on the writing team. hopefully tomorrow will All find out for sure if the strike ends. then again we gotta wait until the 17th for the mob war to offiacially start.

• Members

WOW! Y&R and B&B soared this week, well that's good since Y&R has been looking more and more like itself lately. If it this keeps on happening, surely they won't even bring Latham back.

GH, eh, who knows, I'd wait until next week to see how Brown's return really paid off...

Outside of Y&R and B&B's massive gains, nothing really noteworthy happened this week...

• Members

I doubt any improved writing played a part in Y&R's gains. Whatever changes have taken place are so subtle that the casual viewer probably wouldn't note them. Most viewers probably don't even know there's been a shift in EP/HW or who Josh Griffin and LML are. I think that several plots were coming to a head last week...and would've been had LML been at the helm or not, and thus the improved ratings. And when Y&R goes up, so does B&B. AMC is still horrible, despite Debbi and Darnell being back. They're great actors, but the whole back from the dead has been done to death, pardon the pun, and is just tiresome already. I think B&E are pinning their hopes on D&D's and Budig's presences to overcome the shitty writing and save their jobs. The show needs a complete overhaul. I hope Frons has Sheffer's number on speed dial.

Archived