AMC: Do you think Hogan Sheffer would be a good fit for this show?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&E went fi-core..... once the strike is settled..... I can see Frons taking them out and going after Hogan. Would he be a good fit?

I think he could take the show and give it a shot in the arm..... but slowly return to the status quo. I like the idea of Hogan and a writer who has extensive knowledge about AMC and how to write a good story. I loved his ATWT for the most part.... and ATWT in terms of vision is similar to that of AMC. I've always thought anyway. At this point this show really has nothing left to lose so I emplore Brian Frons to place him in Pine Valley.

If it was between Hogan and Latham, Hogan by a mile because I think she is definitely going to be circling ABC Daytime once this strike ends.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 2 2008, 06:35 PM)
Hogan overall sucked at ATWT AND DAYS. DAYS fans like to blame Corday, but how can you explain the extremely uneven quality at ATWT? The shoddy treatment of vets with many fan faves leaving? Was Corday ghost-producing ATWT? Nope, that's Hogan. He's even admitted he didn't know what to do with most of the older characters, which was proven again at DAYS.

I wouldn't hire Hogan for ANY soap. It'll be a disaster.

ITA!

i have no idea where this HS love came from, but it is sooo misplaced, IMHO.

He is a good writer. But thats it, just GOOD. neds not great, hes not amazing. he is about 50/50 hit and miss.

i think that if paiored up withsomeone he could be good.

• Members

Kenny, I totally agree.

And to be fair, in that ATWT interview, Hogan was referring to Bob, Kim and Nancy. And while I did find his comment at the time a little distasteful, it would be like AMC fans complaining that Myrtle isn't front-burner. HS definitely put James, Hal and Barbara front and center, and they're over 40. As were Hunt Block and Ellen Dolan. It was really the Hughes family he had issues with finding story for.

• Members

I'd give him a shot...he may take a little while to get adjusted to his settings (like he did on Days), but I think Hogan would be a good fit at AMC if paired with someone who knows the history of the show. You've got to give B&E their props, they've done a good job of making the canvas of AMC more diverse, and the early stages of the Crash storyline had great potential, but I think Hogan would be a better fit and would make AMC a more 'classy' show. If he could make a triangle that's gone on for almost a decade (Shawn/Belle/Philip) interesting again then I'm pretty sure he could even make a Rylee redux tolerable.

Archived