AMC: Do you think Hogan Sheffer would be a good fit for this show?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Based on some of the stuff I saw while he was writing ATWT, I would love for him to do AMC. He could reinvent Erica Kane (in a good way), work out some REAL umbrella storylines and bring the show a little more down to earth. I wouldn't say that DAYS is a testament to his talent, there was definitely something going on behind the scenes there.

• Members

Good idea for a thread! I was just thinking about this earlier today when I read about the DAYS news.

I don't think Hogan would be a good fit for AMC. I watched ATWT when he was writing and to me the stories were nothing special. And from what I've heard, he wasn't great at DAYS. However I'm only judging him based on his work on other shows, he very well could work wonders for AMC.

Same here - and that's another reason of why I don't think he's right for AMC.

• Members

Hogan's first year at ATWT was brilliant, with great umbrella storylines and beefed-up roles for longtime bacburners (Colleen Pinter's Barbara went from pouring coffee to being the lynchpin of the show). But after that first year, he had a LOT of clunkers, failed new characters and plots that went nowhere. He was basically a one-year wonder.

Archived