Scab City

• Members

When it comes to Y&R, the dialogue now is much more different--the lines actually sound like their characters would say them. They no longer talk all the same, like they're robots. Having said that, there's an occassional "WHAT!?" line, but nothing so dramatic as to make me remember it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what I've seen I agree. Headwriting aside, Latham, Lechowick and the Stanleys are very competent scriptwriters and I think the change has continued now they're gone.

The stories in the 80s might have been better but some of the dialogue. Wow. I saw a Jill/Kay confrontation on YouTube recently:

Katherine: That boy is your very own son!

Jill: That's right and how dare you talk to me about him!.

Katherine: I will talk to you about anything I damn well please.

B&B used to be as bad on occasion. Female characters were not simply pregnant, they were "gestating". Everybody spoke in this ridiculous formal way that bears no resemblance to reality. It wasn't unilteral, I mean 80% of the time it was pretty good but you would sometimes end up with these really clunky scripts that sounded like something from a radio play.

• Members

This isn't scab dialogue but one that stuck out for me in Y&R was just after Cassie's death when Nick had what he needed to to free Daniel for her murder and then Sharon says "I hope you don't do the wrong thing" or something or Nick, like "I'm afraid I'm doing the wrong thing" and Christine just comes from nowhere, sticks her head in the door and says "Well I hope you do the RIGHT" thing I was like hahahahahaha thanks for coming out CHristine Blair LOL

• Members

On ATWT, scab dialogue jumped out at me for its omissions. On February 5, the episode ended with Lucinda telling Evan they had to "call the whole thing off," since the medical research to discredit Craig was unnecessary now that Meg returned Worldwide to her. The beginning of February 6's installment began with Lucinda asking Evan if he killed Dusty and drugged Bob. There was no connection from point a to point b about how they had secretly been in cahoots for months! How did she even figure out that he was a murderer? Full steam ahead on the plot driven express. :huh:

• Members

Did anyone else think Erica's board meeting was hilarious today? I know it was suppose to be really dramatic, but I was laughing at some of the dialogue....

"Do you know what this is, gentlemen?! This is you getting fired! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! **hair toss** "

The way SL delivered it was so campy.... I actually sort of liked it. heh

Archived