All: TV Guide Canada's List of Soaps' WORST Actors

• Members

Good thing Carlos from AMC wasn't on when this was written

Re Noah on ATWT--he does have great chemistry. And he does have a VERY limited technique as an actor--ti seems lotsa people are so swept up in the story, etc they dont' see or choose not to see this--nearly every line is read one of three ways

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's no doubt that he is green, and not yet comfortable with his acting skills. Its painfully obvious at times, but I do admit like you said, he and Van have great chemistry. Its very palpable.

It doesn't help either that someone learning the ropes has to be subjected to JP.

• Members

Count me as one of those people who are just so enamored with Nuke that I don't give a rat's tutu about his lack of acting ability. Sure, he could use improvement but this is his first real acting gig I believe, so I'm not too critical of him on that note. Van and Jake go so well together that I just can't imagine anyone else playing the part of Noah.

• Members

I agree with this also! I'm not at all bothered by what this person says in this article. Sure, the actors themselves would probably hate this article but they are in a business where they will be talked about (positively or negatively) and most of them know it. Furthermore, this is the person's opinion which they're entitled to, it doesn't mean that this person is right.

• Members

I agree with (a.k.a. have witnessed these people in action)

1. MELISSA ARCHER (NATALIE BUCHANAN, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

-The scene where she was told Cristian had died and she wails soooo over the top with her tongue all awkwardly wagging about was probably one of the absolute WORST portrayls of that moment I've ever seen in my history of watching people find out other people have died on soaps (AMC's Eva La Rue's weird moment where she dry heaves after Maria realizes Edmund was pronounced dead and everybody just stands there looking at her is a terribly close second). In that scene, I'll never forget Slezak looking at her like :rolleyes:

6. JAKE SILBERMANN (NOAH MAYER, AS THE WORLD TURNS)

-I give Jake credit for going all the way with this role as a straight actor. He's always got my support and I do understand the character of Noah -- as much as I can under Passanante's Pen of Piss. But, Van Hansis is really carrying the two of them in the Nuke storyline. When Jake was in scenes as Noah with other characters, that's when a lot of his "greeness" came through. He's got the chemistry, he just needs to work on nuance and layers and committing to choices. Hopefully he can borrow a couple of pages from Van's acting book, because he's amazing.

8. BRANDON BUDDY (COLE THORNHART, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

-It's a sad and somewhat perverted commentary when all I can say is when he's in scenes, I can't help but notice his nipples seem to always be hard. Other than that, he's just a cute face for Kristen to act opposite of and Starr to have a love interest.

Christel Khalil (Lily Winters, The Young and the Restless)

-Like, whatever. Like, totally, I'm sooo not going to, like, talk about this girl. Like, fer shurrrre! Her mega unprofessionalism during, like, that whole MySpace thing where she, like, put out rumors and details of Davetta's firing when she, like, wasn't even around, was like, totally lame. Ya'know? I mean, like, seriously! And the way she, like, thought she was too big for the show and, like, left the first time, only to like, come back with some, like, bullshit excuse of, like, being so young and working, like long hours was like hard on her... like, whatever!

Adrienne Frantz (Amber Moore, Y&R)

-This loud, shrill, annoyingly bad actress has irritated me for years.

Who I would've added.

Sabine Singh (Greenlee, AMC) -- without a damn doubt in my mind. The writing of the character has been watered down to cater to her mediocre - at best - talent. She will over act in a heartbeat, and she will scream every single line because "I'm ACTING, HERE!"

Cameron Mathison (Ryan, AMC) -- horrible, lifeless, :mellow:

Aiden Turner (Aidan, AMC) -- boring, lifeless, :mellow:

Natalia Livingston (Emily, GH) -- go back to Home Depot, sweetie. It sounds like her lines are taken right out of a user's manual, the way she just makes everything sound so bland and technical. And can we please knock it off with the grimmacing? :D

Michael Easton (John, OLTL) -- what purpose does he serve? Really?

Kamar De los Reyes (Antonio, OLTL) -- one of the most unlikeable portrayls of a supposed "hero" second only to Cameron :mellow: Mathison.

Kirsten Storms (Maxie, GH) -- love the character, but hate the actress in the role. It sounds like she's had fifteen cups of coffee before each scene, and she has no other layer besides "perky bitch" She's not sexy like they're trying to get us to believe Maxie is, either. So all of these guys willing to ruin their relationships to have sex with her just doesn't make sense to me. The woman's 23 years old and looks like she's 13. Too "cutesy" to be this hot vixen.

• Members

I can't argue with anything you've said. Maybe it's not the panties being thrown..maybe Frons has a man crush on him. He went to sleep and had this vision or dream that ME was going to bring millions a viewers to OLTL and if only they were properly trained it would work (which only leads me back to whatever it is that they drink or smoke).

• Members

You hit the nail on the head here. I enjoy KS so much more than JMB, but the fact that she looks like an underage Britney Spears means that her love scenes REALLY skeeve me out.

I'm stunned that Camerona Mathieson, Michael Easton and Laura Wright were not on TVGuide Canada's list. STUNNED. At least they got it right with Adrienne Frantz, though.

• Members

Oh don't be. He probably wants to dance with Ryan and look into his wide eyes and get bitten by Caleb while Carly shrieks out advice on how it really should be done. :lol:

I haven't seen enough of him outside of playing Todd to be sure on this and he worked as Todd for me. I watched him as Paul in a handful of scenes but that was more to satisfy my curiosity about whether he does romantic scenes or not since he seemingly had an aversion to them with Todd/Blair.

I would have David Fumero on my list because he is just too much like cardboard to me. He is tolerable in anger mode but then watching him angry is not entertaining and if that's all he is really good at, imo, then it leaves nothing.

Archived