All: TV Guide Canada's List of Soaps' WORST Actors

• Members

I have to agree about Roger Howarth. His entire acting range encompasses three "techniques": 1) The Stare. I have never seen anyone with a blanker look. His acting partner could say the world will end in 5 minutes, and he would still have that blank zombie look. 2) The Sputter. When Paul Ryan is supposed to be upset, RH goes into this bizarre mixture of speaking ten times his normal speed, sputtering and spitting. 3) The Tears. There is nothing, I mean NOTHING, more hilarious than watching RH attempt crying. All of these lame acting choices wouldn't be so noticeable if RH hadn't been preceded in the role by an excellent actor, Scott Holroyd.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't agree with all of it, I think it's tacky and the guy is obnoxious.

However, if more columnists in soaps were honest about actors who were lazy or just could never act, like Ronn Moss, maybe the daytime press wouldn't be the joke they are, instead of a circle jerk where they attend the same parties with the stars, drink like fish, and the stars have to pretend they actually like you anymore than the rest of the cattle.

• Members

Melissa Archer(Natalie, OLTL) is NOT a horrible or worst actor, IMHO she's one of the best actresses in her age group on soaps. Peter Reckell(Bo, DAYS) is a good actor. Natalia Livingston(Emily, GH) has grown as an actress and is ok imho (most of her hate comes from Amber Tamblyn lovers imho). Christina Chambers(Marty, OLTL) did a good job as Marty Saybrooke on OLTL, but I agree was horrible as Molly McKinnon on ATWT. Drake Hogestyn(ex-John, DAYS, that sounds so weird saying or typing that) was horrible at times, but was good at times as well (his final scenes before dying as an example of this). Austin Peck (ex-Austin, DAYS) and Kyle Lowder(ex-Brady, DAYS) most definitely should be on this list unless they've gotten a helluva lot better. I'd also put some of AMC's actors on their as well.

• Members

My list of actors I could do without that I watch or did watch. (OLTL, DAYS, GH & AMC)

(1) James Scott(EJ Wells, DAYS)-----good actor, but cannot stand EJ. He's partially the reason for DAYS's drop in ratings.

(2) Blake Berris(Nick Fallon, DAYS)------Nick's way too irritating and dumb.

(3) Jeff Branson(Jonathan Lavery, AMC)-----never cared too much for Jonathan, irritating.

(4) Leven Rambin(Lily Montgomery & Ava Benton, AMC)------good actress, should've never been given a duo role, or if so, way too much screentime for Ava.

(5) Sabine Singh(Greenlee Smythe, AMC)------ok actress, but not good enough to replace Rebecca Budig as Greenlee!

(6) Bradford Anderson(Damian Spinelli, GH)------Why on Earth was this guy given a contract? and Why on Earth is he on almost every damned day?

(7) Kimberly McCullough(Robin Scorpio, GH)-----Robin's character is now just a whining, bossy bitch. We need Robin to leave town for awhile and visit Robert & Anna & Brenda!

(8) John Brotherton(Jared Banks, OLTL)---- he's a good actor, character interesting, but on too, too much.

(9) Nathaniel Marston(Dr. Michael McBain, OLTL)----one McBain's almost too much, Michael now acts just about like John.

(10) Michael Easton(John McBain, OLTL)-----John's reduced screentime has made him drop on my list.

(11) Kamar De Los Reyes(Antonio Vega, OLTL)----Antonio's reduced screentime has made him drop.

(12) Kirsten Storms(Maxie Jones, GH)----although I'm liking her more than I did.

(13) Brandon Beemer(Shawn Brady, DAYS)----only acts anger and jealousy, no chemistry w/ Martha Madison's Belle.

(14) Marcus Patrick(Jett, DAYS)----IMHO, only put on DAYS because he's handsome, sexy.

(15) Rebecca Herbst(Elizabeth Spencer, GH)-----Herbst's an incredible actress, but Liz has become ruined w/ the current writing.

• Members

Good call, Mulder. I've been reluctant to say it because he gave a great first impression and follow through, but now he's overused. They need to pull back before it's too late, otherwise people like me will be thinking of him as John McBain II.

• Members

ITA that he's overused but I don't think he can ever reach the John II status because he is an interesting character, he's very communicative and he's not dark and brooding. Even if he may be lying, he at least answers questions as opposed to that look and avoidance thing that John does. There is a world of difference in the styles. Jared is a very lively character and John is slow and deliberate with no purpose and a boring drag.

• Members

I feel too sorry for CE to add him to my list. His character is doomed to be disliked, no matter what happens with him; and...well...he IS awfully earnest, or so it comes across. He's limited, but in watching him, I don't get the impression that he's phoning it in.

Cameron Mathison, OTOH, has had almost a decade, if not that much, and he's as green today as he was the day Ryan first appeared on the scene. Not good.

Archived