All: TV Guide Canada's List of Soaps' WORST Actors

• Members

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/The...s_NB.htm?isfa=1

1. MELISSA ARCHER (NATALIE BUCHANAN, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

Since Natalie is Clint Buchanan and Victoria Lord’s only biological daughter, an actress of Jerry ver Dorn (Clint) and Erika Slezak’s (Viki) calibre should’ve been cast. Natalie could have been one of the best anti-heroines of our time with her lineage and colourful back-story, but instead, viewers are forced to stomach Archer as she horrifically struggles through her scenes, which is akin to watching President George Bush attempt the English language.

Not once have I seen Archer connect to any truth or genuine emotion; she’s a living and breathing teleprompter. Archer, who has perfected the dazed-and-confused look, lacks skill and technique, which is sad considering her co-stars are top drawer. Sure, she has a vocal fan base, but so does Britney Spears. I know no one ever lost a dollar underestimating the taste of the public, but come on — my dead grandmother could play this role better.

2. RONN MOSS (RIDGE FORRESTER, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL)

He’s one of the most charming and intelligent stars I’ve ever met — however, there’s no denying that Moss is way out of his league on this brilliantly acted show. In a way, he’s the perfect Ridge, and I wouldn’t want to see him leave the soap because Moss’ lack of talent is one of the reasons it’s so much fun to hate Ridge, but it’d be nice if he threw us a bone occasionally. It’s not that hard — even Hunter Tylo (Taylor) improved her game.

3. PETER RECKELL (BO BRADY, DAYS OF OUR LIVES)

Sure, Days isn’t known for its acting, but after 20 years as Bo Brady, you’d think Reckell would have at least learned how to impersonate an actor. During John Black’s epic funeral last week, it was clear that Reckell couldn’t act his way out of a parking ticket, let alone emote any kind of grief or infuse just a hint of life into his dialogue. It’s ironic because he wasn’t that bad when he debuted on the soap in the ‘80s — he was raw and intense back in the day, but now he’s just D.O.A.

4. AGIM KABA (AARON SNYDER, AS THE WORLD TURNS)

Just because Kaba received an Emmy nomination for outstanding younger lead actor in 2004 doesn’t mean he’s a thespian by any means. It actually physically hurts to see Kaba on-screen because he really is trying to act, but sadly, good intentions aren’t enough. I resent being forced to watch a wannabe learn to act on my time when great actors are in the unemployment line — it’s arrogant, really. He sure is pretty though.

5. CHRISTINA CHAMBERS (MARTY SAYBROOKE, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

Luckily, producers at OLTL saw the error in recasting Emmy winner Susan Haskell’s Marty Saybrooke with Jaclyn Smith clone Christina Chambers, and justifiably fired her (she’ll continue to air until November). Chambers stuck out like a sore thumb in this talented ensemble; she’s vacuous and one-note. And we’re being nice.

6. JAKE SILBERMANN (NOAH MAYER, AS THE WORLD TURNS)

Although Silbermann sizzles opposite love interest Van Hansis (Luke) thanks to their off-the-charts chemistry, the newcomer’s sloppy work is hard to ignore. Silbermann looks constipated most of the time, especially when he attempts to convey any kind of real emotion. Get thee some Exlax, quick!

7. MACKENZIE MAUZY (PHOEBE FORRESTER, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL)

There’s probably some justice in the fact that Ronn Moss’ on-screen daughter inherited his talent malfunction … but that’s still no excuse for terrorizing me on a daily basis. Mauzy should spend less time singing and more time with an acting coach. This vapid star is dangerous, too — she even managed to suck all the life out of Kyle Lowder (Rick).

8. BRANDON BUDDY (COLE THORNHART, ONE LIFE TO LIVE)

Want to know how I survive a scene that Buddy somehow manages to hijack, thanks to his manic eye-wandering and posturing? Heroin and booze – and lots of it. He’s no friend of mine, that’s for sure.

9. NICOLE FORRESTER (CASSIE WINSLOW, GUIDING LIGHT)

As another hair model posing as an actor, Forrester makes her predecessor, Laura Wright (Carly, GH; ex-Cassie), look like Meryl Streep. Watching her struggle through Tammy’s funeral was daytime torture at its cruelest.

10. THE CAST OF PASSIONS

With the exception of Ben Masters (Julian) and Juliet Mills (Tabitha), the cast of Passions is a perfect example of bad casting. Acting professors should definitely use Passions as a cautionary tale in their classes.

RUNNERS—UP: THE YOUNG AND TALENTLESS

Christel Khalil (Lily Winters, The Young and the Restless)

If you ever need to clear a room fast, turn on Y&R during a scene with Khalil and you’ll never see the pests again – especially if she’s in a scene with the lifeless Bryton McClure (Devon). Have you seen a more boring “actor” on TV?

Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin, Y&R)

Or when good actors turn bad: this two-time Daytime Emmy winner has been out of control lately with his over-the-top histrionics that scream, “Look, people, I’m acting!” Like we could ever forget. What happened to that fine actor from yesteryear, whom I fell in love with?

Adrienne Frantz (Amber Moore, Y&R)

The best way to deal with Frantz on screen is to turn the volume off. If you don’t, you’ll inherit a killer migraine that will last as long as this cockroach has a career.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny. When Archer was at her peak of popularity, I hated her, but now I've grown to enjoy her and wouldn't recast Natalie. OLTL already has too many of those. Pretty spot on list though. I'd say Mackenzie Mauzy is very decent, but glad the overrated Jake SIlbermann is on the list. Nuke is great and have amazing chemistry, but he's not a good actor. I'd compare him to Zach Roerig who had chemistry with everyone as Casey, but was still a pretty awful actor.

• Members

For the people that I know, I do agree with most of this.

The Passions cast made me laugh.

But.......I was lost when PR was mentioned. I know that it is an opinion, and I can't say that this person is wrong.....

But I TRULY disagree.

• Members

Yeah no.......I don't agree with Archer and Reckell being on this list. The number one worst actor? Sorry, there's plenty of room for that.

Archer has gotten lazy since she's been on OLTL, but she is by no means deserving to be on the "worst actor" list. Neither should Peter Reckell.

• Members

Christian LeBlanc and other Y&R actors have been sucking bc the first thing LML did was eliminate rehearsal or the acting coach, forget which, maybe both. She replaced it with a dialogue coach since her dialogue is so brilliant. :rolleyes:

Ed Scott has said on DAYS that he's very hands on, which Y&R lacks. Now it's a free for all.

I'd remove Moss bc at least he has star power and chemistry with the peeps. Mathison is just a boring, wooden dud, IMO. How could they turn AMC into the RYan Lavery show?

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 25 2007, 07:29 PM)
Christian LeBlanc and other Y&R actors have been sucking bc the first thing LML did was eliminate rehearsal or the acting coach, forget which, maybe both. She replaced it with a dialogue coach since her dialogue is so brilliant. :rolleyes:

LeBlanc's acting has gone to hell ever since Chapman joined the show. It's both funny and repulsive to watch those two in scenes, you know how they like to try to out-Diva one another.

Khalil and Frantz were never very good to begin with...

• Members

LeBlanc and Rikaart really shined with Joan Van Ark. I was watching some of her old episodes and they were amazing together. Hilarious at one moment, then heartbreaking. So glad I saved the episode where JVA!Gloria shows Daniel her vagina! LOL Chapman doesn't compare.

Archived