All: TV Guide Canada's List of Soaps' WORST Actors

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Peter Reckell is not the greatest actor in the world, but he is Laurence Olivier next to the scenery-chewing, ultimate ham...Drake Hogestyn. I wish all the best for DH, but he was truly the worst actor I've ever seen...even worse than Ronn Moss.

• Members

And it's not libelous. It's poorly written and not very nice, but it's not libelous. And any American who beleives the laws are different in Canada might want to check out a few of Pauline Kael's old movie reviews. They make this piece look like it was written by Snow White. Pauline Kael wrote for American publications.

• Members

>> Natalie could have been one of the best anti-heroines of our time with her lineage and colourful back-story, but instead, viewers are forced to stomach Archer as she horrifically struggles through her scenes, which is akin to watching President George Bush attempt the English language.

I would blame that more on the piss-poor writing, than I would on Archer's talents and abilities as an actress. In many ways, Natalie reminded me of Megan Gordon, played by Jessica Tuck, who shared a similar relationship and chemistry w/ Viki. Unfortunately, OLTL's usual gang of idiots chose to water down the character, and turn her into the sort of limp-wristed heroine that never works on this show.

>> In a way, he’s the perfect Ridge, and I wouldn’t want to see him leave the soap because Moss’ lack of talent is one of the reasons it’s so much fun to hate Ridge, but it’d be nice if he threw us a bone occasionally.

I can't disagree with the author there.

>> It’s ironic because he wasn’t that bad when he debuted on the soap in the ‘80s — he was raw and intense back in the day, but now he’s just D.O.A.

Again, I blame that on the writing, not on Reckell. Plus, as the author mentioned, Bo Brady was "raw" and "intense" 20 years ago, but times change. Should Bo - and Reckell, for that matter - be forever like he was back then, all hormones and long hair? To me, it's understandable if Bo is more mellow today than he was in his youth.

>> I resent being forced to watch a wannabe learn to act on my time when great actors are in the unemployment line — it’s arrogant, really.

Can't disagree there, either. Frankly, Kaba has always looked too Bohemian to play Aaron Snyder. IMO, he looks like he would fit in more w/ the Grimaldis, or even the Walshes, than he would w/ ATWT's salt-of-the-earth bunch.

>> Silbermann looks constipated most of the time, especially when he attempts to convey any kind of real emotion. Get thee some Exlax, quick!

Unfortunately, Procter & Gamble doesn't manufacture Exlax.

>> He’s no friend of mine, that’s for sure.

Even worse, I tend to believe that pairing up Buddy's Cole w/ Kristen Alderson's Starr has taken all the fire out of the one-time scene stealer. I know everyone has to grow and mature, but in Starr's case, do they have to become boring, too?

>> As another hair model posing as an actor, Forrester makes her predecessor, Laura Wright (Carly, GH; ex-Cassie), look like Meryl Streep.

As with Kaba, I don't hold anything against Nicole Forrester, personally; I just tend to think she was miscast. Forrester's take on Cassie is entirely too middle-of-the-road for someone who is supposed to be Reva's sister (not to mention, a former stripper-turned-royalty).

>> With the exception of Ben Masters (Julian) and Juliet Mills (Tabitha), the cast of Passions is a perfect example of bad casting.

Leave off Masters, and I agree with the author emphatically.

• Members

I agree about Ronn Moss and The Entire Cast of Passions but the rest was a lil over the top.

Natalie Buchanan is probably the most annoying Buchanan on OLTL but the actress is great IMO. She was what got me into OLTL for a time there. Back when she and Christian were together OLTL was HOT!

CK's Lily is okay for me and it makes sense.

I'd go into the rest but its just not worth the time or effort.

This is just one pathetic person bashing people they don't know. Seems like a personal problem. Probably jealous.

• Members

I don't think so. I think he's just being lazy on OLTL and it makes him very one note. I'm not saying he's great but he does have a bit more range than he has shown on ABCD (and I'm including that vampire biz). His character is definitely the worst romantic lead that I think I've seen on a soap.

Then again the list is one man's opinion and to me it's no different than People saying who the sexiest man or woman alive is. If you don't agree with them then you might say something like I don't think so (which I say no matter who it is).

Archived