Writer's Strike Thread

• Members

Ellen was back taping yesterday.

Several sources have said that Desperate Housewives will end production today after they have completed episode 10. They have no more scripts.

Someone works on this show on another board I go to. She said that they have two shows to film. And apparently they have to film them because of the locations they have booked.

I am pretty sure I read 30 Rock has shut down production considering that Tina Fey in on strike.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy Crap!

I can't find the article anywhere, but I read somewhere that the WGA is asking all of its members to turn in any unproduced scripts to them immediately, so they can make sure the Writers aren't crossing the picket lines! And the AMPTP is threatening to sue the writers if they turn those scripts over the WGA, because the material, once handed in to the production company, belongs to them.

WOW. This is really heating up!

• Members

Nancy Lee Grahn was seen picketing. Someone over at SZ saw her in the background on ET when they were showing the Grey's cast out picketing. GA is filmed next door to GH.

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/9261727

Soap actors belong to a different union but almost all of them are probably part of SAG because of any primetime and film work they have done. Plus it also hard to get an agent without you SAG card. Some casting directors also won't let you audition without having your SAG card.

Archived