Writer's Strike Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Argh! Do I speak in code sometimes?! I got to work on actually posting and not thinking aloud.

I was just looking at the pictures and I noticed the writers were picketing outside of the Today Show Studio.

Well, I've been watching TODAY for two days in a row and I noticed that a) everyone but Meredith and Natalie Morales left for certain parts of the world(Matt in the North Pole, Al at the Equator, and Ann at the South Pole). B) they haven't done any shots directly outside of the studio.

And I realized by looking at the pictures you added that...the writers are holding up their signs out there. So, that's why they haven't done a camera pan of everyone outside Rockefeller Center waving their "Hi Everyone in Bumf*** Florida" signs.

LOL. I've yet to see an episode of that show.

• Members

NO, because you don't support the union! And once the strike is over, every studio will hire from those represented by the WGA. They probably won't hire you and if they do, you'll probably be paid minimum wage and not have your name shown in the credits.

How would you feel about that? Not even being credited for your work or being able to win awards for it because the production companies value your contribution that little?!

• Members

I read your entire post but I"m just gonna answer a few of your questions because I'm sorta pressed for time over here...

I'm not writing a show because I frankly don't want to. Its my not desire. I don't have an urge to write a show. I do have opinions about what is written.

And I'm from California btw...I don't know what Haymarket Square is.

SO I'm guessing your earlier statement about these companies HAVING to hire these people back was false? Or is there some type of law/contract that says once this strike is over they all HAVE to be rehired and are prohibited from losing their jobs because they're on strike.

• Members

I did read his post!

He was talking about the writers thing and I THOUGHT he meant I would banned from writing on television because I said damn! What the heck are you talking about? Are you the one whos slow or something I even QUOTED his original post just to show what I responding to....

In short I don't know what your problem is but really get over it. If you don't like my stance on this ridiculous little fight thats fine but stop trying to start an argument with me.

• Members

Get thee to a U.S. History class - STAT.

I'm under the impression there is, but Toups seems to disagree. So, as I told Toups (which you'd know, if you would bother to read the thread), IF there is, then I stand corrected. And although I could be wrong about that one particular fact, in no way does it negate the bulk of what I have said.

Archived