Writer's Strike Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did, however, hear that the Beef has submitted a bible for a revival of "Love Of Life" starring the surviving members of the Reeve family and Tudi Wiggins, in which a holographic projection of Chris Reeve continues the role of "Ben" using old dialogue audio and cutting edge technology.

Casting is contingent on the networks accepting the Beef's bold new plans and her demand that Jacquie Courtney be allowed on the show.

• Members

I think he's saying that soaps should air two or three days a week during the strike. I think that would be smart, to stretch out the episodes they have. If they have to use scab writers, I'd like them to have time to find and train people who won't completely screw things up. I recall reading that during the 1981 strike, an actor in the cast became headwriter to avoid his character being killed off. Does anybody want Ronn Moss writing B&B? Austin Peck at ATWT? Not me. Besides, don't the CBS soaps do well on the weeks when they air three episodes due to the sports?

• Members

It HAS to get uglier before it gets better... the sooner the networks and studios see that EVERYONE is banding together on this, and they're going to have to face the same issues or else lose all the actors in May (and THAT'S what really scares the bejeezus out of them), the sooner this strike will END.

• Members

Brian, I agree with your earlier post about the GL writer who probably doesn't even know what anniversary his show is celebrating. it's everywhere, in the opening, the findyourlight.net ads on the mainstreet theater entrance so it's shocking one of the people behind the scenes would say that, consciously or subconsciously.

Also, I found this quote from an article from craveonline http://www.craveonline.com/articles/filmtv...a_long_one.html

"Daytime TV, including live talk shows and soap operas, will soon feel the impact as well. Without writers, who will come up with today’s cutting-edge soap opera content? We may have a long wait before we find out whose evil twin brother is sleeping with the alien-possessed millionaire heiress wife of the murderous chief of police on “Days of Our Restless Hospital ”. Something needs to be done. "

Cutting edge? Does this author even know the current state of the genre? Also I wonder why so many articles are for once talking about soap operas and how they will "be the next casualty" without acknowledging what the industry did last time with the scabs. i guess we will see if history repeats itself again.

• Members

Is Mctavish NOT in the Guild? She's written AMC off/on for years, I would assume she has to be.

If she isn't and she is back scabbing, I can't believe Frons and Carruthers would make such a stupid move even if it is so something they would do. I mean really, do they expect ratings to rise? B&E may be bad, but honestly I can barely see a difference from them than the stuff Mctavish wrote.

Archived