DAYS: Friday, Oct. 12

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were so many good things about todays episode, I don't even know where to start! First off the lighting today was incredible. The darkness gave it a very eery surreal feeling to the episode. John getting hit was very well done it felt like I was actually watching it happen in real life not on television. The acting of everyone today was above great, special kudos to DH, MM, AS, and PR. Can't wait for next week.

• Members

Thanks. I'm glad someone else made the connection, because quite honestly it was all I could think about watching the episode unfold. Which is why I just wanted to smack OMB around when he was claiming he saw remorse in Andre's eyes before Andre pulled the plug. Yeah right, dumbass. Andre just knew framing you for his murder was the best way to keep the vendetta going forever. DUHHHHHHH. Stupid Bradys. Stupid weak, ineffectual, paralyzed by their self-righteousness Bradys.

But despite a few wtf moments like that and some anger-inducing parts of the show today here and there, this was such a SPECTACULAR SHOW. Maybe even because of the parts that made me angry because I can't remember an episode of DOOL making me feel THIS much in a very long time.

Joe Mascolo is chewing up scenery like it's his job... wait a second... chewing up scenery is his job, isn't it? Oh just give this man an Emmy already. I'm starting to fall in love with that wheelchair of his even if I wasn't fond of it at first. It's almost sort of Dr. Strangelove-like or something. I dig it. Those are the real wheels of the DiMera killing machine right there, folks.

Dec. 29 was shock of all shocks actually addressed kindasorta between EJ and Sami which I like, even if Sami is back to her claims of feeling absolutely nothing for EJ and denying there is any truth to what he says about how she wishes she could hate him because her feelings for him make her hate herself (isn't that what she said in Monday's episode when she thought EJ died?), but at least the rape/sextortion is not so white elephant in the room. Not that I want us to go back to raperaperaperape everyday but it was appropriate to be brought up in this scene. Although, I gotta say after Monday's episode and the way Sami was so concerned with letting down EJ gently before... bipolar much? If the show is supposed to be showing Sami having conflicted feelings for EJ and this really being a case of the lady doth protest too much then someone needs to clue in Ali that she is not doing a very good job of demonstrating that a lot of the time unless there are flashbacks involved. If this is supposed to be a case that Lucas and Sami are twu wuv forever and Sami has not a single feeling for EJ then they need to just go with that full bore (and I do mean full BORE) and stop giving us flashbacks of Sami thinking about EJ when she's alone and giving us scenes like Monday where she lets him kiss her on the cheek tenderly and they need to have Sami stop lying to Lucas. Because this triangle is the suck until this is addressed and if there is anyway to salvage it they need to start writing Sami in a REAL way that makes sense and doesn't have the character come across so wimpy and fickle. I can stand seeing Belle written that way over Shawn and Phillip, because I've always thought those things about her, but it hurts to see Sami (fiercely devoted, stubbornly steadfast, knows what she wants and goes after it Sami) watered down this way, too.

I liked what EJ told Sami when they were alone in that I think he was actually honest to Sami when he admits he only cares about the two of them, because I think it is TRUE. I think that EJ cares about her as much as he can care about anyone having been emotionally warped by Stefano and he wants to be good to her and for her but that when he can't have her he's in so much despair that he cares about no one and nothing and that's why he acts so cold and desperate and rash and allows himself to be a DiMera pawn and go back into good soldier mode like he was stalking Belle. And if it hasn't been pointed out lately that Sami is just as self-centered a character as EJ a lot of the time, I'm going to point that out here because I find it super amusing in that she calls EJ to the pub to reject his proposal, treats EJ like crap in throwing it in his face that her family stands behind her decision to reject him, lets Lucas get all smug in EJ's face about how EJ loses yet she still expects EJ to turn on the one person who halfway gives a damn about him now in Stefano and end the vendetta for her. At least Sami had the good sense not to call him irrelevant again.

Bo is extra smug too, totally unprofessional in his investigation of Andre's death but the scenes he has first with Hope and Caroline, then with his dad and then with Stefano are intense and good. Some of PR's best work I can ever remember IMO when he is going off on Stefano. Loved it.

As for the John stuff... shock of all shocks before the hit and run John and Marlena aren't sucking face and are actually really cute! I just adored them and I am totally a Jarlena hater most of the time. Ugh. Why do they do this to me now? Because honestly I thought that little moment where Marlena sees the car door was unlocked was a moment of lightness and fun that this soap has not had much of lately. Also Sami and John had a cute moment that I enjoyed, even if that relationship wasn't all it could have been I know and yeah it's a little Sami propping, and even if I feel like an idiot that one that's a fact from John can turn me into a blubbering mess.

I seriously cannot get over the way that John's death has affected me this much when him getting shot the last time didn't matter one whit, I was kind of meh to him coming out of the coma, haven't felt like I missed him while he was backburnered and really haven't been a fan of the character ever since the Alex North debacle. I really thought this show had broke me of my sentimentality toward this character, yet somehow John Black and Drake won in the end because I just felt like crap seeing him hurt that way, seeing the grief of Marlena and Belle over his death. I know I'm going to have to buy Kleenex in bulk to get through next week, but in a way it hurts so good to have this soap make me feel this much again. God speed John Black.

• Members

OK, I still don't get why Marlena had to call Sami, when John was virtually dying in front of her. WTF? Couldn't she have waited until he was rushed to the hospital? And EJ is seriously becoming unbearable, enough already.

Good episode though, and oh, I [!@#$%^&*] hate those smug Brady's. Shawn might not have pulled the plug, but he prevented Andre from getting immediate medical attention.

Archived