DAYS: Friday, Oct. 12

• Members

Oh damn those scenes with Marlena, Belle, and John were SO emotional........even hard to describe... :(

The episode was all around fantastic, and great acting, writing, directing and everything else, LOL.

YAY for Tony and Anna on Monday! :D

Now the question in my mind is who ran down John. Andre was of course dead and his body in a bed at the hospital, EJ with Sami and Lucas at the Pub, and Stefano at the hospital with Shawn Sr., Bo, and Hope.

I was thinking mabye a DiMera henchman but...they seem to have barely any of them left. Bart is dead and I doubt Rolf did it....he's more there for doctor stuff LOL.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I missed the first 15 minutes, but today was awesome.

Frank Parker was great today. For years now, I've been saying that Grandpa Shawn wasn't needed, and I remember being one of the supporters to have him killed off in order to pair Caroline with Victor. After this storyline, and especially these past 2 days, I love Grandpa Shawn! He definitely wins Grandpa of the Year in my book. :lol:

I love the irony that Andre has killed himself yet again to set someone up. He really is one sick and twisted son of a bitch.

Peter Reckell was on fire today, but I couldn't help being annoyed by his Brady smuggness. I hate when the Bradys become like this. Had that been a DiMera in the room when someone pulled the plug on themselves, Bo would have been reading them their rights without asking any questions. But instead, it was Grandpa Shawn in the room, and it looked like he killed Andre, and Bo did nothing. He sent the man home! No one took him down for questioining. Nothing. It's not unusual because all of the Bradys are like that and I would be pissed if they weren't. That's just one thing that makes me hate that family, but I wouldn't want to see them any other way. That's who they are. Look down on everyone else, but your own family can do anything.

And I crack up every time I see Stefano in his little wheelchair. The noises that it makes make me bust out laughing. I feel like I'm watching some cartoon or something, or like Stefano is the grumpy old man in the old folk's home that races in his chair. It's funny when it's not supposed to be. To me, Stefano is not threatening in his wheelchair the way he is supposed to be. Perhaps they need a new chair, one that doesn't make those squeaky noises. Until then, I will not take Stefano seriously.

Even during a show like today where I was so into everything, I couldn't give a flying [!@#$%^&*] about the Sami/Lucas/EJ scenes. I don't care anymore about this triangle. Just pair EJ and Sami together and be done with it. Lucas and Sami are over in my eyes, so just do something. Anything.

And now, for the best part of today's show: John and Marlena. I loved the Clark Kent/Lois Lane reference. They really are like Superman and Lois of Salem. And I love that about them. And I agree that they weren't their usual sucky face today either, and that was a positive. Fans hate that about them. They were still awesome in their scenes together. They showed today what chemistry looks like, chemistry that will probably never ever be matched on this show again. The location shot was awesome, and I thank Ed Scott for giving them to us. The scenes wouldn't have been given half the justice had Scott not been there and we had gotten road scenes on a set. After John got hit, and Belle was walking down the stairs and saw her parents on the ground, it really looked like I was watching a show on primetime. We need more of these location shots DAYS! No one's asking you to travel around the world, just a few park or street scenes or something is all that we're asking for.

The MVPs for me in today's episode were Peter Reckell, Joseph Mascolo and Martha Madison (in the last 5 minutes that she was on). Everyone else was good, but they they didn't give the performance I was expecting. Not even Deidre. I expect much better from her next week.

• Members

Cohen does intense to perfection (and the same for intensely dark): and the show hit me as a little of both with a dash of lightness added to the mix, making the rest work so very, very well.

Stefano was all over the place and perfect: from his shock that Andre was gone, to his grief that built up to a steely and deadly rage. The tears in his eyes when he talked to OMB and the look on his face when Bo went off on him presented an interesting and captivating contrast. I'd say be afraid Bradys, be very afraid. It's clear the loss of Andre gave Stefano back the fire he seemed to have lost in yesterday's episode (when he was tired of fighting). Mascolo has been brilliant and Days has been giving him great material to work with and allowing him to showcase his talents to the fullest - and he has been, as IMA stated, chewing up scenery. I am in complete awe when it comes to this man.

The street setting, with Belle's car, John and Marlena was excellent and extremely realistic. The lighthearted banter between John and Marlena reminded me of times past, and made me wonder why Sheffer has been writing them the way he has instead of more like he did today. Anyway, the sound effects were great and we could hear that car coming - leaving the question of WHY John backed into the middle of the road without even looking wide open -- but since people are careless, it was realistic and goes to that spit second action that could prevent or allow something like this to happen IRL. It also indicated - to me - that this *probably was not* an intentional hit. Granted this is Days, so who knows how it will end up -- but it looked like someone driving too fast and not expecting to see a person standing in the middle of the road. Plus the hill restricted the drivers view and reaction time (and living in a very hilly area, I know that is a huge factor in accidents).

The squeal of the tires and the physical hit made me jump and gasp, and the look on Marlena's face was so believable and appropriate. Her call to Sami while she cradled John started the tears (which had stopped once Stefano left Andre's room), and Belle seeing them in the street - fantastic camera work btw - and her initial reaction... very well done. I was glad that Marlena let Belle know she'd called 911 and tried to call her - closed all doors for those who criticized her calling Sami (before they bothered to watch the scenes). I do believe Dee will be getting some very powerful scenes if today was any indication.

I might be a bit "off" but I found the scenes of EJ in his car close to comical in a very strange way. By that I don't mean I thought they were "funny" but they did give me the impression that he wasn't going to hurt Belle, but more likely scare her by a near miss. The main thing though was Sami's timing on calling him. It was perfect and was another of those split second things that we tend to call fate.

lucas telling EJ he lost was pathetic -- this hasn't been a freaking game and Sami isn't an object. Plus it just isn't something appropriate for a thirty-something year old man to say: especially in the smirking way it was said. Since I obviously despise lucas, I won't rag on him and will just say he was typical lucas, and then some, plus an unpleasant distraction to an otherwise excellent show.

I too have noticed statements this week that make the white elephant a little smaller - most coming directly from Sami, but also comments made by EJ. This is a very good thing! And I'm hoping bi-polar Sami will leave once she has the babies (wishful thinking I'm sure). And IMA I soooo agree with you that if lucas and sami are what the writers want, they need to just do it! Then they can send them off for a very extended trip to Switzerland to live in boring land with Austin and Carrie, because I've never seen a couple work where one half is supporting material at best. But enough of that for now...

Two deaths in one day; pure, raw emotion and grief; anger and the hand of fate. An amazing episode and Cliff-Hanger Friday at it's very best.

• Members

Well the rollercoaster ride is just beginning..I just finished the episode and i'm in tears..I really didn't think it would get to me..But wow..next week is going to be so hard...

But onto the episode..Fanfreakingtastic...This is the Days i know and love..Finally we have excellent production values..The location shots and the hit and run were so well done..I loved the shot of Belle running down the steps..it was just so much more realistic..and we had a simple fade to black..Wyman's horrible endings are a thing of the past..Ed Scott you have done wonders to the show and i'm so thankful to have you...

Kudos to Drake, Deidre, Martha, Peter, Joseph, Frank, Ali and James for great performances today...Today had so much emotion and it was only the beginning...

Oh and i'm so happy Andre is finally dead..Thaao did an amazing job this summer playing Andre, but it was time for his reign of terror to end..

• Members

Reallt great episode. Everyone has said what I've been thinking, so nothing else to add, except that I thought Peter Reckell was excellent.

You know, I really feel bad for the fans of John and Marlena, but his death is bringing so much intensity to the show and some genuine emotion. It was so needed. And I hope Dee can take center stage now, as Marlena faces off with Stefano.

• Members

Simply put: OUTSTANDING EPISODE!

The whole episode was must-see-tv...from the hospital scenes, which were super intense. Peter Reckell was outstanding in his speech to Stefano towards the end of the episode. He was suprisingly emmy-worthy in that scene.

Joseph Mascolo was also very good and who can not say how great Frank Parker was. What a great ending to Andre DiMera and I absolutely LOVE that he committed suicide and now Stefano believe Shawn murdered him.

Now for the money scenes. The hit and run was beautifully show...very realistically set-up with Belle locking her keys in her car.

The hit and run scene was very shocking to me. I just knew it was coming but when it happened I felt sick. Deidre Hall was good with the little bit she had today...no doubt next two weeks will be her big stuff.

Martha Madison was exactly how I wanted her to be and I loved how Alison Sweeney responded to Sami learning about John's accident.

Outstanding directing..arguably the best put together episode of the year for DAYS.

I definetly got teary at the end of the episode with Marlena and Belle pleading with John to hold on.

Ed Scott's presence can definetly be felt!!!!

• Members

Okay... wow.

this is perhaps the best episode of days.... in a long time. aside from Maggie murder the best on the past 8 years thats for sure. the direction, the acting, the writing. it was all there. this is the days i wanna watch everyday. the location shot was beautiful. when was the last one we got?

the belle stuff was great and it worked, IMO, having her park in the ally because she was running late already. I do it all the time myself, and i know others do as well. Also loved Marlena noting how it wasn't safe and she could be mugged. I wonder what EJ was going to do belle? would he actually run her over? or a near miss? i don't know. but i loved that Sami called him just in time for us not to find out. Martha Madison really showed how great she is in this role today.

John & Marlena's little banter was cute fun light silly and romantic all at the same time. I love this couple when they are like this. I was glad we got that little scene. I also loved Marlena getting into Belle's car and not John. John walking across the street to his car without looking worked for me. They were in a back ally where no one really ever is. He just kinda turned around and walked. As he looked the car was hitting him.

Marlena broke my heart as she lay there next to him. Love that she had on a black glove, doubt it was a nod to the SSK storyline but it made me think of it. The blood actually looked like blood, IMO. and i never think that on soaps. Belle coming down those stairs and looking over to see her mother laying in the street were amazing. Tho i didn't like the way they had MM hair today. It kinda clung to her face but whatever...

Peter Reckell once again brought his A game. And it was amazing. I do hate the Brady's because they are smug stuck up idiots who think everyone else is always wrong and they are right no matter what. But i wouldn't want it any other way. I was a bit annoyed Caroline can come down to tell them Shawn is gone but not to talk to sami... please!

Alison Sweeney was spot on perfection today. I loved her telling EJ off and her reaction to his telling her she made her choice now live with it. When Marlena called Sami, Ali was perfect. She was upset hurt and angry. She blames herself and that was obvious but she was going to be there for her mother. I cant Wait to see DH AS & MM together.

i agree that Ed Scott can be felt now on days. It did have a bit of that old Y&R feel and heart.

• Members

Whoa. I really didn't expect those car scenes to hit me the way it did. It was really serious! I had to sit my sandwich down to watch the rest. This is probably the best episode I have seen in a long time, at least since Sheffer has been writing it. I am still on the fence about the situation, but I will see how this plays out. In any case, can't wait for next week!

Archived