GL: Week of October 1st

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They should've mysteriously killed off Alex when Beverlee McKinsey left. Screw what JFP thought, McKinsey is irreplaceable! No one has ever been able to capture the true essence of that character since McKinsey left. Dusay has essentially played a cartoon version and Joan Collins was just playing Alexis Carrington Colby.

Thanksfully we still have old youtube clips of Bev's Alex, I can look at those to see what the character should be and what she should be portrayed as.

• Members

I'm starting believe that they should have killed off Alex once Bev left. It's been a steady and slow decline ever since.

Out of all the characters that have been on GL in my viewing history, Alexandra was my all time favorite behind Roger Thorpe. So it's been a tough few years for me since they ever made Alex, Reva's stalker. DK's recent so called plot twist has now made a former viewer of the show. <_<

• Members

Honestly, I think Joan Collins gets a bit too much flack. I thought that her portrayal of Alex was closer to McKinsey than anything Marj Dusay had done before (although Bev and Marj sound SO MUCH ALIKE). Maybe it's also the fact that she was working under a better writing team.

BTW: What cartoon-ish twist happened? I totally haven't been watching or even paying any attention whatsoever to this show...

Archived