GL: Week of October 1st

• Members

I don't think that Alex is making a fool out of herself at all. If anything, she's one upping Cyrus. She's in full control over Marina's life and it looks like she's having Alan be her scape goat for once.

The one thing that I'm not liking is Cassie and Josh, their scenes are so boring. Everytime they're on, I fall asleep, and sometimes I do since the show's on so early!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Josh and Cassie are useless. EW's pimping of this couple never ceases to amaze me. They have ZERO chemistry, and the whole "minister" SL is laughable and contrived.

When will SOMETHING be done about this regime?!? All the ABC soaps have taken steps to right their ships, now I'm hearing rumors that JP is out at ATWT. Why have TPTB allowed EW/DK to hang on at GL for over 3 years now? I don't get it. Maybe they have given up on my show :(

• Members

Wheeler needs to be kicked in the nuts! And DK needs to wake up! I've never spoken ill of DK but it's so boring to have a couple we don't like on air. Plus a character whom no one likes is taking up major air time...cough cough Ava!

• Members

I really can't stand Josh and Cassie together either. That being said, since EW/DK have somehow turned them into the Pilars Of Virtue of Springfield, I would not want THIS Josh back together with Reva.

For over 20 years, through several different writing regimes, we have been told Reva and Josh's love story. It was wonderful, and I bought into these two together.

Within less than a year, EW/DK have made me completely uninterested in this love story. They have destroyed it. Beyond recognition. Over 20 years of a great story brought down by a couple of HACKS. It makes me sick. I wonder what Pam Long thinks of these two?!? Man, how I miss her...

Reva needs to slap the crap outta her "sister" without apologies. She needs to move on without Josh until a compentent writer can make us believe in these two again. Perhaps the newly annointed Rev. Lewis and Stripper Cassie will be transferred to a church FAR FAR AWAY from Springfield.

By the way, MichaelGL, I like your avatar. What is "Guiding Light - The Brotherhood"???

• Members

I have become very fond of Jeffeva, so Reva getting back with Josh is not something I could embrace at the moment. However, an incredibly written triangle where Reva is truly torn (somewhere down the line - about 2 years from now because I want more time with Jeffeva) would be must see.

This Josh is a hypocrite and a scumbag caveman. He should be on a Geico commercial. As for Cassie, I don't dislike her, but I am completely opposed to the pimping of this character. I don't like when other characters are used to manipulate the "stupid" audience. If Cassie is not a viable character on her own, that is a writing problem. Don't destroy other characters for her.

The coupling of Josh and Cassie was a very poor desicion, but EW and DK are not backing off. Notice, JC are the only happy couple in the whole damn town. Talk about forcefeeding an audience!

Right now, I just want Jeffeva back together, and for more than just 1 damn eppy.

I loathe DK. I need to change my sign on.

ANDREA

• Members

Andrea - Your post is right on. Jeffeva is/was growing on me as well, much to my dismay. I have not been a Jeffrey fan since BC returned to the show. IMO, this is another character that EW/DK have pimped to no end. Regardless, there's something about Jeffeva that I enjoyed seeing. And yes, a triangle later on with Josh/Reva/Jeffrey would be something to see.

The rest of your post is EXACTLY the way I feel. Very good post.

Archived