The Tennis Thread

• Members

Nadal first and Federer 2nd. I could watch both play until the cows came home. I'm really missing Rafa. Djoker is so sexy and some of his wins have such a mystery to them. He's a beast! AO12 Semi, he plays almost 5 hours and beats that idiot Murray, a match you think would have wiped him out, but then he comes back 2 days later and plays Nadal in another 5 setter for 6 hours [the most epic match in tennis history] and wins the championship? Who does that?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I turned it off after they went to a tie break thinking ND looked taxed.

Besides that earful of rubbish about a Brit winning Wimbledon (as if he's that Brit), is him and his awful cuts. I don't know why but he always looks in need of a bath to me. Further, that thing that he does with his bottom lip makes me think of an old man missing his lower dentures. I don't know if he's just biting his lip but it looks terrible and then they flash to the mother and I see the resemblance. If I pick a bird....ostrich comes to mind....but then I feel I'm being unkind to the ostrich.

Don't get me started on ESPN. They're always trying to manufacture a star and convince everone that no sport can thrive unless they prop one up. It's a treat when they put down soccer for being unappealing to Americans and lament over what shouid be done to "fix" it. They acknowledge that it's the world's most popular sport but alas it needs work because Americans aren't fascinated by it. Uhm, just let the rest of the world enjoy their sport then. It's too bad they have such a monopoly on so many different sports. The only thing they cannot get their hands on is the Super Bowl and generally the finals of most major tournaments.

• Members

I agree on everything you said. That's why I told Brad and Chrissie Evert that Brad was an awful broadcaster/commentator...lol...and that the whole ESPN crew pimped Andy too much and other players who arent that great. Andy Murray's game is just plain simple boring. There is nothing there that tells me he is the best/number 1 in the world material. I dont know why Federer lost to him. If Murray ever becomes number 1 I will be done with tennis...I wont be able to stomach it.

Yes, Murray is goofy looking and his mom...cant stand the woman.....