The Tennis Thread

• Administrator

Congrats to the Joker! 3 straight AO's - amazing! After the first two sets going to a tie-break, I thought I would miss one of the greatest matches ever but Andy couldn't recover after being broken in the 3rd set.

Nah. I just lost $10. If Murray won, I would've won $60. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I want Sloane double bageled in the first round by someone outside of the top 200, and I need the people in the stands to make that happen. If she continues needling Serena in the press [for no reason], the spectators are going to let her have it during matches. Sloane won't do well if they turn on her. Every point will seem like the first, which makes the match longer.

Her mother needs to sit her down quickly!

• Members

And, I was laughing so hard at that first interview when they noted that her mom was trying to get her to STFU and she wouldn't -- this girl is such a flip flopper and I love how she's holding Serena to a different caliber when ALL if not most of these women and men either grunt or hype themselves up with a fist pump after getting a point, like please have several seats and the fact that she keeps losing is just icing on the cake.

• Members

This little bitch just did a fist pump and a "come on" after winning a point, but Serena can't do it? The noise Pova and Vika make during and after a point? GMAFB!

She's trying to back track and say the stuff was off the record BUT IT WAS STILL SAID! Then she goes in again and say S tries to scare people? Ugh! Davenport said it's not a good idea to go after the top dog in tennis, and she is right.

Serena laid a shellacking on Tatishvili. I love when she plays like that.

Rafa was a bit touch and go this morning. He had me worried against that big handsome German.

Venus might want to think about retirement. Her body can't do it anymore. She is young and wealthy, so it might be time.

Monfils is very impressive. For a while, I wanted him to go away because he just didn't look like he took the game serious. Too much flying and diving and all he came up with were injuries. No wins to show for the clown antics. He seems to have re-directed that energy and playing a really good match against Berdych.

• Members

Don't forget Sharapova! OMG when she and Azarenka play -- Mute City up in here.

LOL, not even just that but you are BARELY in the Top 20, your highest level of Tennis is besting Serena duing that round at the Auddie Open when usually you're out during the first or second round... like have several seats and its not just her I say this stuff about. I remember last year or earlier this year when some girl and guy made fun of Serena's T&A during their doubles match when they were on break and I'm like, doesn't she wipe the floor with you?

If she had enough game to back it up then I'd be like, ok maybe you can throw a little shade but no, you have no titles and your game sucks so STFD.

I didn't see Ren yet, going to try and catch it if NBC airs it a bit.

I read about that but glad Rafa pulled a win.

Agreed 100% every thing she goes up for she's out early as hell, her health may no longer allow for this. She should definitely retire from singles, she may be able to do doubles with Serena because they are good with that.

I've always liked Monfils... I haven't heard much from him in ages because I think he normally was out during Rd. 1 or 2 and I definitely have started liking Tsonga and Tipsy.