The Tennis Thread

• Members

Yes there will be a lot of pressure on Sam to win the Aust Open, as there will be with other Aussie players. But mainly Sam as she is now a Grand Slam winner. The same pressure was on both Rafter & Hewitt as well.

All this grunting has gotten me to the point where I watch the tennis with the sound down or muted all together.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well it looks like Serena will be fined again. Does she ever learn? She was already on probation. ESPN2 is having a one hour special right now on Stosur's win and a look at the men's final. She was just interviewed and said she still cant believe she won.

The ESPN crew is down on Serena.....lol. They said she went too far with the umpire.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Administrator

I only saw the highlights of the men's final and it looks like I missed a fantastic match. :( The rallies and winners look really good. Novak just finished one of the best seasons in men's history. If he wins the Aussie Open, it'll be a "Novak-Slam" or "Djokovic-Slam".

Well, a return like that is lucky because it doesn't happen too often. You just swing your racket and hope for the best.

Get an American in the finals and ratings go through the roof.

• 4 months later...