Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks Ron! I have always enjoyed tennis, I was disappointed due to my work schedule I wasn't able to see as much of Wimbledon this year as I would have liked. Great to see Novak beat Nadal for the trophy. I really was hoping Murray would have knocked Nadal off (and after that 1st set it looked as if he might...) but then he fell apart.

• Members

That happens to me with the US Open. I'm back at work when the tournament starts so I have to tape it. I was lucky to see all of Wimbledon. I was glad Novak won. I was pulling for him. I am not a Nadal fan. I just dont care for his game. I was hoping either Berdych or Del Po won but I do like Novak.

I think the commentators make Murray better than he is. His game is ok. I just don't see him beating the top 3 to win a major. His semifinal loses are going the same route as Henman's did. I think for Murray it is all mental. I still dont think he has the game to win a major but his mental block doesnt help either.

Cool

I've always wanted to go Wimbledon and my dream is the US Open.

• Members

I just don't get why they hype up Murray so much. He is an above average player at best. I think had Del Po not gotten injured he would have been in the top 3 knocking out Murray. I am also surprised that Soderling's game has gone south. I thought he would have been another threat at the majors. He needs to get Magnus Norman back as his coach. He was going to win his first major with Norman's help.

The US Open should be a good one with the top 3 and Murray, Soderling, Berdych and Del Po. I dont see Andy Roddick doind anymore damage in the majors. His time has past.

ESPN mentioned the Junior results this afternoon during their Wimbledon wrap up show.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Novak posted photos on his facebook. The gala ball of the champions. He is pictured with his brothers and dad. There are other photos of him and Kavotka...or however you say her name...lol.

There is a picture of him and his miniature trophy as he heads to the airport this morning.

I agree Toups...I was hoping Roger would have won Paris.

Edited by Soapsuds

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It should be an exciting tournament. On the women's side, will Serena successfuly complete her comeback with a grand slam title? On the men's side will Djokovic continue his dominant year, or will Nadal or Federer take a run at him? Federer needs to win the US Open to keep his streak of winning at least one grand slam title every year since 2002.