• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What an embarrassing performance from Roddick. ..lol

I actually felt sorry for him. He stunked up the place with his awful performance.

Damn...thought John might beat Andy Murray....I can't stand Murray.

The match I am looking forward to is Djokovic and Federer.

The other blah...dont like either player...but I'd rather Nadal win than boring no talent Murray.

All of Murray's obscenities were stupid. Seriously is Murray that dumb....lol

• Administrator

*sigh* Why do you give your fans hope, Roger? Was shocked when he went up 2 sets to 0. Then I said he had to win in 3 sets because he's not going to win in 5 sets. Then amazingly, he gets 2 match points in the 5th set, like last year, and he doesn't pull it out. That return shot on Roger's first match point by Novak was amazing. For a guy who's career is on the downside, he almost makes it to the final and almost takes out the guy who's playing the best tennis right now.

• Members

Great men's matches today. I didn't get to see the Djokovic and Federer match but have it on DVD. I did see the ending on CBS. The Nadal and Murray match was less entertaining yet good.

The women's semis ....boring....boring....Caroline sucked! Serena giving her free cheap points and yet she still couldnt take the second set to a tie breaker.....

Caroline will never win a major with the kind of game she has now.

• Members

Yay Sammy, didn't choke. Got to see the last game here, had the live scoreboard up in the back ground of my compter here at work.

Well done to Sam Stosur, 6-2 6-3

Sorry, but I do think that it was a little rude of the William's camp not to appauld after the match. It is like one of them makes the final they are expected to win.

• Members

I am glad Sam won. She truly deserved to win. I am so happy for her. She played a great match. I was glad she was able to recover after the whole Serena fiasco. I'm happy that her loss in the finals at the French Open made her stronger in this final.

Serena.....ugh....b itch needs to grow the hell up! She doesn't know the damn rules and yet again she is fighting and arguing with the umpire. She didn't even know she wasn't the same umpire that did her other match. Serena looked like a damn fool. It was deja vu all over again with the kim clijsters match. Serena is just a damn bad sport. She only calmed down because she knew there was egg all over her face. Sam played better than her and those are the facts. Her family not clapping for Sam was low. As Mary Carillo would say that's not cool.

• Administrator

I didn't know there was a hindrance rule! I understand why the rule is there but common sense needs to come in play. Serena yelling "Come on," didn't affect the outcome of the play at all. At the very least, they should replay the point because there's no way a player should lose a point in that situation. If it weren't for that play and Serena getting energized for at least a couple of games, it would've been over a lot quicker.

If I knew anything about Stosur's play, I would've bet on her! Her forehand is amazing. Also, Serena had a late match (the officials screwed up here again. They should've played the women's semis first, then the men's semis) and a toe injury. Stosur had good underdog money. Damn.

I don't see the big deal about Serena's camp not clapping.

• Members

The rain plus the long men's matches made the women's semis match start late. Stosur had a longer match that night.

I agree with you about Serena losing sooner than later had her I'm black so thats why you are against me routine again hadnt hapenned...please GMAFB.

Wow...you dont see a big deal about Serena's camp being bad sports...wow....lol

Btw....The Tennis Channel will rebroadcast the women's final tomorrow night after the men's final on CBS. The tennis channel will also rebroadcast the men's final after the women's final. I can't wait to hear Martina's comments on the whole Serena issue....lol

Edited by Soapsuds

• Administrator

It's such a little thing to me. How do you know they didn't clap for her before or sometime during when the cameras weren't on them? Why is clapping such a big deal anyway? Ooohhh....they didn't clap!!! Snap!!!! I will have to say "Come on!!" to people who think not clapping is a big deal! LOL

• Members

Serena's mother probably doesn't even clap when one of her own daughter's win... bitch looks as cold as ice whenever they show her.

Serena played terrible, its as simple as that. Her serve was atrocious. Congratulations to Sam! The better of the two players today. She seems like such a cool, down to earth girl too! Hopefully her success continues to build, maybe at Melbourne in January!

• Members

You know the pressure will be on her more to win The Aussie Open In January. She shouldnt let the pressure get to her because she is now a grand slam champion.

I always wondered why she wasn't doing better in singles. I would see her playing doubles and winning and thought she'd be great in singles. Why isnt she doing good. Glad my impressions of her doing well in singles came true. I really enjoy her game and matches. Most of the female players are boring to watch and all they do is scream during each point.

I wish they would ban all the [!@#$%^&*] screeching during the points...its so annoying and not needed by the women players.

Edited by Soapsuds