The Tennis Thread

• Administrator

What a match between Wozniacki/Kuznetsova! My girl battled through that second set, down 4-1 in the set and already down a set. I would've been sad if Caroline lost on a day that Ana Ivanonic lost and course Maria Kirilenko losing yesterday.

I can't believe the Federer match is going to be played tonight! LOL I hope Federer wins and that it won't be a close one because I do not want to stay up to watch it.

Yeah, that Djokovic/Dolgopolov first set tie-break was amazing!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They pimp Fish because he's American lol. The American Tennis Media for 15 years were used to having two Americans in the top 5 winning grand slam after grand slam (Agassi and Sampras). The, Roddick came along and looked to be the next best thing... well he tanked, is now out of the top 20 and Fish has been consistent enough to get a top 10 ranking. Its no surprise he's focused on alot, at the US Open.

• Members

Funny you should mention ratings. This years French Open final between Federer and Nadal was highly ranked. I don't know how well the Djokovic vs Nadal Wimbledon final did but I do get that they want to pimp the americans so the ratings can go up. I mean really..all the pimping Donald Young is getting in the US Open is absurd. Again like Fish he has accomplished even less.

If I were the ESPN commentators and CBS ones minus Mary Carrillo...I would worry about women's tennis. It's on a big downslide. The Women's final of the French Open this year did very poorly in the ratings.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

If there is one thing that really peeve's me off when watching a sport of any sort is bias commentary.

It is like there is only one person on the court or one team out on the ground/field, and 9 times out of 10 it is the other side lol.

They go on about what they need to do better what part of their game they need to pick up and I would scream at the TV hey what about my side and how they are going. Which is most proberly the reason why I would prefer to watch Tennis matches that involve Aussie's with no sound on.

• Members

The absence of the Williams sisters is no coincidence. The women's game has been built around those two the last decade and no other player has shown to be very consistently good, and there is no other rising American which does not help either. Serena appears to be coming back to form rather quickly and barring any other injuries, she probably has a good 3 or 4 years left where she will be a perennial grand slam contender. Venus however, I think may be finished especially after being diagnosed with these disease.