Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Yeah, I felt bad for Murray too. All that pressure on one man's back is just too much. It's not like this is a team sport - it's all on him. Poor guy broke down a bit at the end of the match.

• Members

Andy Murray is a puss...has no balls. His game isnt that great. His backhand is average like his forehand. I just cant get the picture out of my mind that he reminds me of him

atpf164.jpg

Richard Fromberg former Aussie Tennis Player...I thought they had the same playing style and serve..

Former Tennis Player

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I dont think Andy Murray will win a major. He cant beat the top 3. This was his best chance to win a major and thats why he started crying...yes part of it was the pressure of winning Wimbledon but a lot had to with everyone in England telling him he was going to win...that Roger was old ......

• Members

The sad part about ESPN's monopoly on sports is how they overhype events and athletes.

Andy Murray is not all that. The entire nation wasn't rooting for him.....the entire Wimbledon crowd wasn't even rooting for him.

They can just be glad that a bloke from Liverpool won in doubles. Maybe one day they'll have a really great tennis star. I wouldn't pin my hopes on Andy Murray at all.

Jo-Wilfred Tsonga should slap himself for "fearing" Murray and worst of all, publicly saying so. Some things should be kept to oneself.

I watched Sunday without rooting for either. The sad story of Andy Murray's home town didn't make me want to root for him.

I'm no fan of Roger Federer's but I can appreciate his achievements but greatest ever.....?

That's not even like John McEnroe calling Serena Williams the greatest women's player ever. I don't know about that but there is no doubt about her serve when it's on.

American tennis wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if it weren't for Serena and Venus, no matter who doesn't like them. They've kept America with champions. The men are still off by the wayside.

• Members

I totally agree with you on overhyping....ESPN is the worst.....from Brad Gilbert to Patrick McEnroe(who doesnt know squat and is just as bad a commentator as he he was player). The hyped Murray to the hills. I also dont think Murray is all that. He has an average game at that. Speaking of they continue to hype Roddick like he can make some comeback....the guy had a big serve and thats about it. His backhand sucked and he never fixed it. His serve went downhill so he didnt have much left. He is an arrogrant prick who thinks he is the hottest thing to wear tennis shorts. I still remember his arrogance when he lost to Federer in the finals. Shouting out how Roger already had won Wimbledon....just acting like a total jerk.

It's a shame ESPN fired Mary Carillo because she was the best one they had. Thank goodness the Tennis Channel signed her up cause Mary Joe Fernandez and much more Pam Shriver do nothing for me in commentating the women's and men's matches.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

:) Congrats to Andy. Told you he would win one and use his experience at losing in the finals to eventually help him win a major. Most of the times, you have to lose before you learn how to win. I unfortunately forgot to DVR the match and missed it. And from the highlights, it looks like it was an awesome match. :(

• Members

I was happy to see Andy Murray win. I like Federer but at some point watching Mr. Perfect(yes Federer should win a Nobel prize for being the best person in the world) grows tiresome.

And how about Serena. After her injury, she's really come on after her rehab and is probably a better all around tennis player than she ever has been. She seems to be not taking her tennis career for granted anymore.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Serena is the strong favorite! Her game is the best its ever been, and this surface has been very kind to her. She could take #1. Vika will be looking for revenge here, but it will be tough for her. AO surface is a feast for many. If Vika does not make it to the final, she loses #1.

Sharapova, she can't get passed Vika too often and she's proven time and time again that Serena beats her mentally as well as physically. Serena knows that court and has committed it to memory!