Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just watched the "interview" well, it was quick questions from someone that they're questioning whether or not it was even valid or if it was just staged to be frantic commentary or something by both parties.  From what I saw, Peng said a few times that she couldn't 'hear' the question and they're right in front of her, and she just said she didn't post or tweet anything or whatever.  Maybe I saw it wrong but that's what I gathered.  

• Members

Somehow, I doubt they care, if they ever did. They've got the I.O.C. in their pocket, so they can stage their Olympic Games (as hollow and de-populated as they might be, if they do, in fact take place).

The world has basically talked then promptly turned a blind eye when this happened to other notable and famous Chinese (Fan Bing Bing, Jack Ma) in the past, so there's no reason for the Chinese government to believe the reaction will stray from the usual playbook. From their vantage point, it's going according to the usual plan.

I'm sure the Chinese government/sports ministry also believe, that, given enough time, they can convince the WTA to do business with them again. Just look at Evert's reaction already.

• Members

I thought the same and I don't know if they got the height wrong but if she's that tall, he's taller than her in the picture by a couple/few inches already.  Unless the picture is at a weird angle and he's standing on higher ground.  It sounds like they're coaching him the right way by having him get some kind of net game early, even if it means losses.  God knows he'll have groundstrokes with her around.  Now if she can just keep her lackluster demeanor on the court away from him he could be really good.