The Tennis Thread

• Members

Becker has 3 sons. Noah and Elias by his first wife Barbara Feltus and Amadeus (yup, that's his real name) by his second wife Lilly Sharlely Kerssenberg.

And then there's the daughter Anna who people derisively refer to as the cupboard child.

Please register in order to view this content

Thanks for letting me know about Davis Cup, I can get on the app as well.

From a few years ago but, 2nd wife is in the blue, first wife is in red and eldest son is next to her. Both are now exes, lol.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This DC format is a mess. I keep forgetting to tune in because it's on several different platforms. I read that Sock had to retire from his doubles match or something. Both he and Isner can go. Mardy hasn't been smart in his choices. In what world do you call up Sock and Isner but you leave Tiafoe off the list? Whatever happened to Tommy Paul, Taylor Fritz, Marcos Girón, Brandon Nakashima?

Bueller? Bueller? Beuller?

Also, I thought Serbia lost their tie today, but they still advance?

I'm too bored with this format to figure it out right now.

• Members

Fritz, Giron and Brandon are doing world team tennis in Indian Wells California. Tennis Channel is covering it.

Tommy is probably still celebrating his first tournament win in Sweden.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Escobedo then?

Can't blame the others for not doing DC. Closer to home, likely more money, while Davis Cup is not even offering ranking points anyway.

It makes it all the more questionable that Frances only get a belated call to play once the tie had already started. 

Marty chose a dude-bro team on first call and got the results he deserved.

• Members

Aww Kei. 

People are already speculating that the increasing insistence on vaccination is what finally made Konta decide to retire. IMO, injuries and a vastly changed Tour due to the pandemic, likely also factored into the decision.

• Members

Good! 

I also think, despite the millions in what is essentially guaranteed money in China, their human rights atrocities and repeatedly trampling civil liberties is making it harder and harder to justify doing partnerships with them. It's likely become a headache for the WTA.

That coupled with the pandemic, forcing and ultimately showing Steve Simon to alternative tournament venues, has proven that the WTA has other options-- maybe not ones that are willing and able to pay enormous sums of money, but that atmosphere in Guadalajara...I can't remember the last time I saw a non-major have that level of crowd enthusiasm. China, while they began with a lot of enthusiasm (and relatively small crowds) has become stale even before this disappearance of Peng Shuai. I feel the same about Singapore as the site of the WTA finals-- it also got stale.

Onward, hopefully to a fall swing that has match times more suitable for a good night's sleep for me.