The Tennis Thread

• Members

Me either.  I said in another post, I can't stand him...don't know why.  Maybe he's nice, don't know.  But he never makes me want to root for him and always looks unhappy.  Not my kind of person.  I'm a Roger fan, but was pulling for Joker to win the slam when he got there.  One thing I have to say, it did take him forever to be in the conversation about the GOAT, and even still, I heard the really rabid Roger and Nadal fans still saying things like, even if Novak wins a slam, he still won't be the GOAT.  Even I have to admit, he pretty much came in and disrupted the big 2 and was the only one to do it while they were in their prime.  While not on the same level at all, it reminds me of Seles and how she's never in the conversation about the greatest players of all time, and I'm not sure why that is.  # of titles, no she does not have them.  But I believe she had more slams before the age of 19 or 20 than any other woman, and she did it by beating Steffi in her prime.  Similar to Maureen Connelly we'll never know.  But anyway - Medvedev, I have to agree.  That was a long rambling post, lol.  

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

From what I have heard, he's not but I admit that I am usually wary of American players, especially the guys. Paul is, at this for this weekend, standing in the way of having us have to listen to the endless carping about American men not coming through in tennis tournaments.