Jump to content

The Tennis Thread


Toups

Recommended Posts

  • Members
3 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

For me, it's anybody else but wife beater.

I'm used to U.S. tennis media hyping up any players coming along since the days of the Williams Sisters' primes when they promoted any U.S. woman who they thought could beat them.  This frenzy is not new to me, been dealing with it for twenty years now.

I just couldn't take Fritz winning. He truly sucks and Cam Norrie is mediocre at best. 

This really has been an awful Indian Wells on both sides. There has been literally no one in the stands either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Soapsuds

    3776

  • Faulkner

    2704

  • ChitHappens

    1590

  • DramatistDreamer

    2140

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members

Although, I can definitely see why Fritz is not a great prospect either.

Just now, Soapsuds said:

I just couldn't take Fritz winning. He truly sucks and Cam Norrie is mediocre at best. 

This really has been an awful Indian Wells on both sides. There has been literally no one in the stands either.

I really haven't been able to watch much and I don't regret it. Whenever I have gotten the chance to get a look, the court speed is lulling me to sleep--then again, it's not too different from what I remember of IW decades ago. IW, in general, used to be the snooze compared to Miami.

I don't mind Vika winning it, and I know that Badosa annoys a lot of fans but I am truly agnostic where she's concerned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

What a disaster this tournament has turned out to be, especially on the ATP side. Glad I hardly watched any of it.

There are people being nice and congratulating Cam but there is negativity to someone of his caliber making the finals. The tennis media truly deserves this considering how bad they've treated other players throughout their career. The tournament couldn't even fill up the stadium... just terrible. It's the semifinals of a 1,000 and you can't fill it up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

There are people being nice and congratulating Cam but there is negativity to someone of his caliber making the finals. The tennis media truly deserves this considering how bad they've treated other players throughout their career. The tournament couldn't even fill up the stadium... just terrible. It's the semifinals of a 1,000 and you can't fill it up?

I wonder if Basilashvili will face more scrutiny now. He’d been under the radar since he’s not a big name in the sport (at least not a big title contender).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
24 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I wonder if Basilashvili will face more scrutiny now. He’d been under the radar since he’s not a big name in the sport (at least not a big title contender).

I doubt it. I'm just glad baby daddy lost. I couldn't take a baby daddy vs baby player match. I wonder if they'll finally speed up the court a bit after this travesty?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Anybody know how ticket sales (or re-sales) are looking for the men's finals tomorrow?

Ticket sales? You mean people bought tickets?

This year's version has looked and felt very cheap in every way. 

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy