DAYS: Fall Previews!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm really intrigued by Chloe's return. I was one of the few that liked Nadia Bjorlin and I liked Chloe when she was with Philip. I hated her and Brady being togehter. I just thought she had more chemistry with Jay K. Johnson than Kyle Lowder. And when Kyle Brandt took over the role, they had one scene together and I did not want Philip and Chloe back together. Their chemistry was non-existant. But now ith Johnson back, I wouldn't mind Bjorlin's return. I'm excited about this. Hopefully, it's going to be a long-term return.

There's no way EJ's really dead. He's the best male character that DAYS has had created in a very long time. Yes, people are annoyed by him, but that is because of the amount of airtime he's consumed in the little over a year that he's been here. But when it comes down to it, EJ has been a godsend on DAYS compared to some of the male characters we've had to watch prior to his debut.

I am a little nervous about he other 2 deaths. I can't wait to find out who.

• Members

Something tells me this has to do with Tony's plan to mess w/Stefano's mind. It could be the EJ's death is a setup to bring Stefano to his knees. There are spoilers about EJ getting hurt saving Lucas and then he is supposd to give some of his liver for his father. If this it a true death, we should know very soon. When actors get fired or leave a show, the news spreads like wildfire. But I do think if James is leaving Days, the headline would have been "JS OUT".

• Members

If this is true. James Scott simply can't catch a break. First he was fired by AMC and now is going to be fired by Days too. Both characters he portrayed had so much potential and would have died very early deaths. Bleck! -_-:(<_<

• Members

I just found this article on SOD's site. It talks about James doing some traveling for his company, Urth Solution, this September.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/features/da...tingearthscott/

Maybe this is a way of giving him some time off for this, which BTW sounds like a very cool company he's co-founded. Doing good for the earth!

I hope he's not leaving. I won't be happy. :( But it does sound like James has much more on his mind than his role on Days.

• Members

I think it's legit. Days is looking to cut corners, and needs to trim things down. Maybe it's a play on words, but I do know (as we all do...) that Days WILL be triming the cast. It will probably be extensive and involve both newbies and vets. It's hard to watch it happen, but we knew it had to come.

It may not be true. Just because it says EJ dies, doesn't mean Scott is gone for good or even gone for a while. Maybe he "dies" only to have him show up two months later...We'll see. BUT, I think Scott may be the first high profile victim of the coming reorganization of the show. :mellow:

HOWEVER....It's time for us fans to sit back and brace ourselves, cause some will have to go, and everyone will probably have to endure atleast one cast cut we don't like. It's just part of it. The cast is too large for the show to be profitable. It's business and will have to be done.

Personally, once the dust settles, I look forward to a more compact and together show that has a better flow. The show will be tight, well ran, and the relationships between characters can be explored more indepth with a smaller cast. We will see more familiar ties, and less token cast members.

Please understand, I'm not thrilled by this. It really is sad that it is happening again, and this time probably for good. I hate that it's come down to this, and I have favorites that I hope remain. It's sad, but it's a cycle the show has to go through.

• Members

I'm such a "loyal" fan of Days -- have been watching since 1970 but if they are seriously stupid enough to cut James Scott, I won't watch another Day. Won't wait for NBC or whoever to pull it off life-support because they deserve it if they get rid of one of the best actors on the show (and absolutely the best looking which is just an added bonus).

Sheffer may have screwed up EJs character, but someone with very little writing skill could fix things -- which might rule out Sheffer because, from what I've seen this last year, his writing and creative ability are equal to the average 5th grader (no offense to 5th graders).

• Members

Thanks! Spoilers drive me nuts. But I keep reading them. :lol:

I've been complaining for ages for Days to become more daring. I just didn't expect them to get more daring by offing my favorite character! I guess this is a case of "be careful what you wish for. . . " :o

Archived