DAYS: Fall Previews!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is it that a show will look into it's ratings past, see who made it an american icon, and ignore it? This show thrived when Suzanne Rogers and Susan Hayes ruled the roost. But they've trimmed Hayes down to guest status, and I suspect Rogers will be put on recurring. It's kinda like, thanks for that 11.0 rating you pulled in for us back in the day, but now that we are in the low 2's, we think we need better looking, younger, less talented actors. We don't need you anymore, even though your ability made us a powerhouse for two decades. Now that we are in ruin because we strayed from what made us great to start with, we are going to ignore what is obvious and try something new, even though we were better off when you were the star.

It's like double stupidity or something. It's ungrateful to the stars that made the show great, while shooting the production in the foot.

• Members

If EJ leaves, I'm afraid of what/who they will use to fill the gap. More of the younger crowd? Although it's hard to imagine how we could get much more of Chelsea and Nick; it seems like they are on almost every day. More Shawn and Belle? Please, no! It would be nice to get more of Billie, but there's no man for her and, of course, this is DAYS so Billie's story must involve a man. It would be great if we'd see more of Anna, but she doesn't even have a contract. John and Marlena--honestly, I won't be surprised if John is killed off; Drake seems very disinterested, both in real life and on screen. Bo and Hope need a good story...but will they continue to just support the younger characters? Sami and Lucas are still around, but I can't stomach Lucas, especially the way he's been written lately--and Sami isn't much better. I want Sami the villainness back!

• Members

Lucas/Sami/EJ: "Sami and EJ grow closer while learning more about the gripping history of Snto and Colleen. By October, Sami must choose between saving her marriage and ending the vendetta. Sami then asks Lucas for an annulment. Lucas will cut ties with Kate and change his last name to Horton."

The DiMeras: "Thr origin of the DiMera/Brady vendetta is finally revealed. Bo designs a unique plot to trap Andre, enlisting the help of all of the Bradys and Tony and Anna. Howvere, Andre turns the tables on them, putting several lives in danger. Steve will take Stefano hostage; Stefano will reveal a stunning truth from the past to Grandpa Shawn. One of the Bradys will hover near death. One of the DiMera will die in September than another will die in October."

the highlights or lowlights from the article:

It's Lucas to the Rescue when Days of Our Lives EJ is Electrocuted.

"Sami stops the CPR and Lucas picks up. "The next time he is conscious, Lucas's tongue is his mouth." cracks Scott.

"It's all very interesting and I suppose he almost dies, but luckily he doesn't."

After the paramedics tend to EJ, "Sami and Lucas proceed to have probably the best scences of the year." declares Dattilo. "Lucas reluctantly confronts the problem of EJ, and Sami's like, 'Why are you so upset?" and he syas, ' Becuae you want this guy and I can see it. He wants you and I'm sick of it.' They're dynamite scences. You have to tune in."

Credit: Second Chances

EJ does not die so the cover was just something done to try to sell it!

Lami marriage over Amen!

• Members

A lot of soaps thrived during the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Today is a different ballgame. The same actors/actresses who were young and fresh back then are older now...and command much higher paychecks. Can TPTB keep paying them for these front-burner storylines when the highest rated daytime soap is now barely 4.0 in the ratings? Do I think putting Suzanne and Susan in a frontburner storyline will elevate the ratings enough to pay for them? It really depends on the story, but I doubt it. We've gained successive generations of viewers since these ladies were soap queens, and a lot of them won't remember them as more than members of the Horton family.

I don't expect to ever see another 11.0 rating on daytime again...and I don't care who is featured or how great the writing is. The highest rated primetime show for Aug. 6-12 was 10.8.

This is JMO, of course.

Loretta

• Members

Adriana, thanks for the transcript of the SOD article. I thought that cover was probably a red herring, but nothing is ever certain.

Curious about Chloe, especially if it's a short-term return or if she will be on contract--and if it will be Nadia Bjorlin. I have mixed feelings about her because the storyline with the scar was so awful. Before that, I liked her okay, but that story made her so vain and shallow and self-absorbed. I would much rather have Craig and Nancy back instead of Chloe!

Archived