DAYS: Friday

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EJ and Tony were the highlight of the show. I was curious to see how the first EJ-Tony scenes would play when the EJ-Andre scenes have been so great and they didn't disappoint, JS and TP just work together so well. I wish we could get a story where EJ was the son of Tony and Anna. I also like that maybe they were explaining the ice truck thing today to be a case of EJ slipping up and falling back into his DiMera ways while he still strives to be a better person rather than a total character 180 back to evil. That actually makes sense. Overall it was just a well-acted, interesting scene... however I don't like them setting up Tony as a womanizer. I also don't think it's true that EJ never wanted to head the DiMera family. And I don't understand EJ's history that last fall he had a British nanny, then in May we were told he grew up in Maison Blanche and now we are told he didn't really spend that much time with Stefano because he was sent away to British boarding schools? Pick an EJ mythology, spell it out clearly and then STICK WITH IT, DOOL writers.

Also... about that folio... I hate that they are building this up so much for so long without telling us what's inside because undoubtedly the contents are going to disappoint and it will be revealed and just be lame. And am I the only one who thought the music during the EJ-Sami-Lucas scene was kind of OFF. Like there was this weird music when EJ said something about Kate sleeping with Stefano before one of the breaks and it totally took me out of the scene and made me giggle and the music to end the show was kind of weird too.

The Lucas and Sami scenes were PAINFUL. What was up with Lucas's weird voices? Combined with Sami's cackling it was just BAD. And wtf was he doing with the Kama Sutra anyway? Is that sold in the hospital gift shop? Did Kate pick that up for Lucas when she came to the hospital with another batch of detective books for Roman? Is that a common get well gift for someone recovering from hypothermia? Does the book contain a lot of positions for women pregnant with twins in their third trimester? So stupid. "My extremities only have eyes for you." "6 and a half inches from lift off" "the launch sequence has been activated" Is a jr. high boy writing this show? And Lucas walks out of the bathroom after apparently having a shower with Sami and he's immediately flirting with the nurse? WTF?

OK the Chelsea lucky underwear thing did make me laugh. Rachel Melvin sold that well. I wish they would give her a better story than this boring Chick/Chett crap.

This whole China Lee plot is stupid. Why can't Nick call his Uncle Mickey the lawyer to get the marriage annuled? I hate seeing Nick blackmailed again. What is the point of it all? To get me to like Nick less? Because it's working. And that sucks because I think Blake Berris is really cute lately.

The Stephax scenes didn't bother me like undoubtedly I'm sure they did others for many reasons, but aside from the storyline of things I thought the kisses were only just OK, not bad, but not so blazing hot that I think their chemistry can overcome everything. Still, I can support this storyline if it somehow makes Stephanie less of a brat. And I do like Darin Brooks so I wish Max would get to do something. I guess I'm just going to wait and see on this.

Who the hell is this Jenna person? Why are they bringing on all these recurring noobs like Jenna and China Lee and Rawlings and Ilsa rather than just writing stories for the characters we know and love? I don't get it.

• Members

For some reason I wasn't that much into today's show. I only watched for EJ/Tony..caught a glimpse of China-Lee/Nick/Chelsea-Max/Steph, but Lumi made me want to tune out. I wished they could have left out Lumi today, they ended on a good note yesterday, ut today it was back to the same old, same old. I'm starting to see what everyone is talking about.

• Members

I love Ali, Bryan, and James but i could really use a break from them for a while..They really don't need to be on 4 to 5 days a week every week...and I'm so tired of them being placed in life threatening situations, because they always make it out fine...Todays scenes were cute, but they weren't needed, especially for a friday episode...This airtime could have been used for either john/marlena or bo/hope...

• Members

I liked today's show! I'm so happy, because I feel like I've been very negative this week. (Cut me some slack, though, folks, it was a traumatic week--the firstborn left for his freshman year of college!)

I will admit I FF'd a lot of the Lumi scenes. The Kama Sutra, the fake voices, all the "cute" talk....I just couldn't handle it. I'm sure the Lumi fans enjoyed it, though, and I'm happy for all of you. EJ coming in at the end, talking about Kate and Stefano and Lucas in denial, I enjoyed that. I can't wait for him to find out the truth, but I'm sure he will just yell and threaten to never speak to her again and then forgive her the next day. Same old.

I liked EJ and Tony's scenes, and I would love for them to be revealed as father and son. I keep thinking I'm picking up hints about it, but it may be wishful thinking on my part. It was interesting to hear Tony's take on Stefano's mind and how it was warped by Santo. Whatever happens to Colleen, it had better live up to all this hype (but it probably won't). I did get a little annoyed at how it seemed like Tony knew what was in the folio but then didn't tell EJ--and yet he doesn't actually know what's in the folio, so how does he know how the Bradys will react? I'm a little confused.

• Members

Loved EJ and Tony. The DiMera scenes are absolutely fantastic - why can't the rest of the characters and scenes be written even 1/2 as good? If they could pull that off the show might actually be good.

I've been waiting to see Tony and EJ together and the writing, conversation and acting was A+ material. Tony is probably the only person who can help EJ break free of Stefano's control; he's been there and knows how Stefano's mind works. EJ is still struggling to realize Stefano never cared about him, but only cared about what EJ could do for him. It was good to hear EJ being honest about his feelings and his conflict with someone who would understand him. This doesn't excuse the ignorant writing for EJ regarding the freezer, even though it explains it (I'd rather the writers just stop doing stupid though).

The rest of the show did nothing for me at all - and I ended up muting most of it. The EJ, Sami and Lucas talk at the end was ok and maybe once Lucas realizes his mother is working with Stefano again, he'll change his name to Horton and cut his ties to her. (Yes, I'm ignoring the rumors regarding rewriting a huge part of Days history just to give lucas a different father - and I'm doing it intentionally as the thought alone makes me physically ill. Sheffer needs to fix HIS own mess before he starts rewriting things from the 80s and 90s!!!)

• Members

It was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm done with this trash and that is what today's show was.

I'll be reading the recaps and spoilers and when it seems as though the caliber of writing and acting are better, I'll check in again.

Sami/Lucas need I say more ugh.

Max/Stephanie...just what we need to make her a slut.

EJ who?????

Tony a womanizer????

Chelsea/Jett what on earth is Hogan thinking of.

Criminal wimp Horton male. Hogan needs to go.

Santeen, what a horror of a joke.

Oh well. I have high hopes that Ed Scott will make this worth the time again...and hopefully get a role for Ali that shows off her real talent.

• Members

That was the first thing I thought too. LOL.

I hope this isn't true because I want to like Ed Scott and I want Leann to get a contract, but another part of me knows this is how the business is and Lauren Koslow will probably get resigned and Leann won't get a contract even though Kate pretty much sucks now and her storylines are stale while Anna is the best thing since sliced bread and such a breath of fresh air... all just because Hogan has a permanent hard-on for Lauren and she's the size 2 chick.

*sigh*

• Members

But doesn't he love Leann ALOT too?

As for Ed Scott, I doubt it and feel it might only be because he used to be an EP on Y&R and there was this whole AL thing with LML a couple of months ago. But I could be wrong, however I hope I'm not.

• Members

Loved Tony and EJ's conversation and the brotherly rapport developing between them. Two adults having a mature discussion that not only kept my attention but also served to give some insight into what has been going in EJ's mind the past few days. And it also helped to move the story along with Tony's info about the folio (whatever info is in that thing better live up to its hype. It won't, I know, but I can always hope!). It was refreshing to watch Tony relating to EJ and understanding what he's going through as Stefano's son. TP and JS both did a great job as usual.

Yet those scenes seemed out of place on this episode. The rest of the show sorely lacked in the same kind of maturity. When I watched the Sami/Lucas scenes, for a moment I thought, "EJ wants her??? You've got to be kidding me?" And I like EJ and Sami! Sami's character has turned into something I don't recognize. In truth, I don't what to make of Lucas either. The whole let's-get-naughty-at-the-hospital seemed more "Porkys" than soap opera. Got boring fast and did zip to advance the story except for when EJ interrupted them. I must admit to enjoying EJ telling Lucas that his mommy is still a ho. :lol:

Stephanie and Max--I don't really have much of an interest in them. Jeremy and Jett--although I think the "Touch the Sky" story maybe on the verge of becoming interesting, Jeremy and Jett still don't much excite me as characters. China Lee and Nick -- why did we have this story?

Except for Tony and EJ, the show was a mess.

• Members

The blonde that Max met up with at the end--was that the same actress that played fake Jennifer when Jack escaped the castle and came back to Salem? She looked very familiar. I'm assuming she is probably some law enforcement person and rather than Jeremy getting into trouble, it will be Max. Instead of trying to round up the girls and fix this problem, Max and Jeremy need to make tracks to a good lawyer. Jett needs to be fired. He is completely inept and has made a mess of this investigation.

Chelsea was cute today. Loved her "lucky underwear" story to keep Jeremy out of the room, but I would have preferred it if Jeremy caught Max and Stephanie in the hot tub, killed them both in a fit of rage, was arrested by Jett and sent to prison, and Jett--because of a job well done (sarcasm intended)-- could be promoted and sent to ISA headquarters. Then I could forget Touch the Sky airline ever existed. :D

Archived