DAYS: Friday

• Members

That's exactly how it hit me. And it gives a very bizarre feel to the show when one scene is outstanding and the rest feels like you're flipping thru the channels pausing here and there for a second to watch shows that are poorly written with bad actors.

Sami's character is basically ruined. Pretty sad since Sheffer seems to like her. I used to also and when she's with EJ she comes close to being herself again. Since that doesn't happen much we mainly get a female version of lucas - and one of him is more than enough.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS was so great three months ago and now it lost all the momentum it gained at the start of the Dimera feud. When it turned into the Sami and EJ show with Lucas as their sidekick the entire story fell flat. I don't see DAYS rising in the ratings at all if they continue to shove this Collen/Santi crap down viewers throats. It's a shame that the Feud which should have actually been about Stephano, the Dimeras, and Bradys turned out to be nothing but fodder for a pusedo Sami and EJ romance.

Too bad Lexie is still being wasted. The poor woman returned to be promptly placed on the backburner.

• Members

The show Friday was good at points and boring at others, but that tends to be the trend lately.

EJ and Tony were terrific. I think that the acting in these scences made the rest of the show seem sophmoric. Thaoo is an excellent actor, and he always has been. I can see the Days writers trying to turn EJ into a modern day Tony. Not totally evil like the rest of the Dimera clan, but carrying the potential to be sneaky and self-absorbed. Tony had his moments back in the eighties when he was anything but a choir boy. I'm glad the writers are remembering that.

As for the rest of the show.....blah. Chelsea and Nick could be a cute and likeable couple, but once again, the under developed characters make them just bland. If I remember correctly, a supercouple (pardon the outdated term) was born when two already likeable characters came together, let chemistry build over time, and then a huge event would force them to work together, and eventually, fall in love. Now it's all rushed and jumbled. Theres no investment, so there's no way I can like them. I feel like I don't even know Nick or Chelsea yet, so why should I care? There hasn't been enough real moments or romantic tension to make me feel attatched.

I agree about Lexie, and she could have been used in an incredible way during this feud. But like so many returns, it just seemed like a token gesture to the fans rather than an important event. Kind of like a goodwill gesture with no real payoff. Maybe thats why all of these returns didn't turn in the ratings.

The return of Anna, Lexie, and dare shall I say it, Stefano, seems to have only been to remind us of the good old Days. They certanly haven't been front and center, and they certainly haven't made a mark on Salem.

NEVER THE LESS: Days is (IMO) the best it's been in about nine years. So I'll stop whining and wait to see what Scott does with it :D He is great, and he will change things for the better. I'm sure of it.

• Members

Melody's show doesn't have a "budget" problem.

Not only does Ed's show have a budget problem, he's been ordered by SONY to make

some big cuts.

Leann's not his wife.

For the record, it wasn't Sheffer who brought Leann back, it was her extremely close pal

Wyman.

To me, as I said before, she's the hottest actress on that show right now and they should

write her some real strong diva material.

She's capable of playing both the bitchy villainous and the funny lady, so it would be insane to get

rid of her, but I've heard serious rumblings about her "weight" and the comments were attributed

to Ed Scott.

GO FIGURE.

Archived