July 23-27, 2007

Toups

• Members

Well, Days is lucky to stay the same after the way last week unfolded. Other then Sami's kidnapping and BOPE, the week was lackluster and full of Touch the Sky stuff. Perhaps Jerry Springer helped?

It's weird how Days always maintains or stays the same on boring weeks but slips on great weeks. This week has been amazing and it deserves a jump of +2 but I see only a jump of +1 really.

I am glad to see AMC and OLTL where they are. The rest...eh. Passions is good right now so good for them. Days, Passions, AMC, and OLTL are soaps I am rooting for right now. I am rooting for the whole genre (except I want Y&R down a bit to get LML out) but those shows are really trying right now IMO.

I, too, would love to see Soapnet ratings. I am convinced a good amount of people watch the 5 soaps on there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

from celebrating the soap

The Young & the Restless 4.0 (same)

The Bold & the Beautiful 2.8 (+.1)

General Hospital 2.6 (-.1)

One Life to Live 2.5 (same)

All My Children 2.4 (+.1)

As the World Turns 2.2 (+.1)

Days of Our Lives 2.1 (same)

Guiding Light 1.9 (same)

Passions 1.4 (same)

Compared to the week of July 24-28 , 2006

The Young & the Restless 4.0 (same/-.4)

The Bold & the Beautiful 2.8 (+.1/-.2)

General Hospital 2.6 (-.1/+.1)

One Life to Live 2.5 (same/+.2)

All My Children 2.4 (+.1/Same)

As the World Turns 2.2 (+.1/-.2)

Days of Our Lives 2.1 (same/-.6)

Guiding Light 1.9 (same/-.3)

Passions 1.4 (same/-.2)

• Members

I don't understand how GH is slipping in the ratings. It's been good lately. And, believe me, I am NO fan of Guza's.

The Amber ShowY&R, on the other hand? You have got to be kidding me! People must be watching Miss Screechy with the sound turned OFF.

• Members

Overall, not a bad week for soaps. Poor Frons though, his baby GH is slipping. This keeps up and OLTL might actually become ABC's number one show!! I am suprised that AMC didn't do a little bit better than what they did. I figured they would go up more considering how huge this storyline is supposed to be for the show. It will be interesting to see if they can continue with the momentum or if they will just stay the same.

Days...sigh...I think the problem, at least for me, is that the Stefano storyline has been centered around Sami/EJ/Colleen/Santo instead of around John/Marlena/Bo/Roman/etc. The vets are the ones who have the history and who have been dealing with Stefano for years. Hasn't he been after Marlena and John for years??? I think the focus of the storyline has been on the wrong characters and that has really weakened the impact of the return. The vets are in a supporting role when they should be the ones carrying Days right now.

And I don't understand how Y&R is able to maintain the same ratings. The show really is becoming a mess.

• Members

The more I watch this Brady/DiMera story unfold, the more I realize that HS doesn't really GET the show. Marlena should absolutely be central to this story. And this chick playing Stephanie - just stick her on any show she's so generic. At least Shayna Rose had some quirkiness.

I weep at what's become of Y&R, and with it, my last glimmer of hope for the genre is gone. I totally believe the show had been on a downward spiral throughout Alden/Smith, but at least the show was recognizably Y&R.

• Members

ABC actually does use Live + Same Day ratings in their press releases, so the numbers we eventually get for demos should match exactly (ABC briefly switched to Live only for a few months last year, but switched back).

Nielsen now breaks down ratings into three categories: Live (which includes those who watched live, as well as those who record the show using a VCR); Live + Same Day (which in addition to what's included with Live ratings, also includes those who DVR the show and watch it within 24 hours of it's broadcast....these are the ratings we see here); and finally, Live + Same Week, (which as it sounds, includes those who DVR and watch within 7 days of the broadcast...we never see these for daytime anywhere, but they do exist....in primetime, this ratings category really adds a lot of ratings points to certain shows, but advertisers are reluctant to pay for these extra bodies). ***Soapnet ratings are not included in any of these categories; they are completely separate ratings***

Personally, I would LOVE to see "cumulative" ratings for ALL the daytime shows, meaning for any particular week, I'd love to see the ratings for "Live + Same Week" + "Soapnet airings" + "Internet downloaded ratings." Just out of curiousity.

• Members

Seriously, these are NOT great numbers for ATWT. I expected them to be a bit higher. Jean Pissanante needs to be fired. I dont know what everyone at CBS is waiting for.

This is even more depressing news!

And dead last in Viewers.

When will changes be made?

Archived